Scavenger Hunt from Life #37: August 26 - September 4

joe1lt, awww, another cute model. You did great on all the angles and foreshortening. Applause and a smile.

EP, ohhh, what a fun wheels drawing. Your sketches always make me smile.

Ai, I like your push cart, dolly we say. Especially since it is blue! Nice to find so many humans for your sketch.

Joan, I like your outdoors much more than mine. Nice place to eat and relax.

A few days here
Number 6 outdoors- at Gene's physical therapy, it sprinkled so it cooled off enough to sit in the car for a few minutes.
Number 7 tree - at a check up for me, out the window (Had my ears cleaned)
Number 8 spice and 9 extravagant - Oregano and Gene's Jack Daniel's. He teases me about buying Starbucks or other designer coffee and I tell him it's just like his Jack Daniel's.

The first two are in the Ohuhu sketchbook with a Micron 02 and the last is in the regular sketchbook with the same pen.

csshfl37outdoors.jpg

csshfl37tree.jpg

csshfl37spice.jpg

Last edited:
It's the first time in ages that I've sketched something from life that isn't a plant, so naturally I started with something really difficult :LOL:

1: it has 2 wheels - I drew this mobile lighting tower with a ball-point pen. I love sketching with ball-points.

20220901_180622.jpg

Thank you Jo. I hope to join in more from now on; I really need to get sketching again!

Joe - good job on the citrus, I like the shadows. Love the model bike , lovely detail.

Ai - Love the upside-down Lily! What a fun sketch. Love your bridge painting - I have a thing about bridges so this appeals to me. Great job on the portrait too! The tree is great - I love how you did the leaves. Lovely painting for 'outdoors' - looks fun! I like the cart. Good work on the figures.

Robin - great stuff! Love the anvil and the toaster, and the dog is great, that couldn't have been easy!

Jo - I really like your portrait and trailer. The monkey made me smile, I love his fur. I like how you arranged the dish and screwdriver and the colour is nice. I like your series of sketches too, especially the trees.

Gail - good desk!

Joan - love your portrait of Anna. I like all the details. Your building and tree are wonderful. I like all the subtle colour changes in the lobster and the splashes work well.

Ntl - those coloured pencils look fun! I like what you've done.

E.J.H. - Love this! I really like how it fades into the shadows. Great job!

Eyepaint - good work on the vehicle! I find them hard.

Joan - your 'outdoors' painting is brilliant!

joe1lt - thank you
Ai - great idea for two wheels. Great figures sketch. Was this held in-person? Have there been in-person classes at your university?
Joan - thank you. Yay red umbrella!
Jo - thank you. Yay vehicles at the aquatic centre. Mmm Gentleman Jack :)
Kay M - well done on the complicated item! It almost looks like a transformer-like toy. Thank you!

2. 5x8" ink musical instrument

hunt37-02.jpg

Cheers,

Here is the single

Fun, EP. Nice sketches. I think there is a cassette player somewhere in this house. Joanna has our vinyls...

JoC- like the crop on the gene sketch, up close and personal. Looks like the trailer is surrounded by good memories. Great depict of monkey fur!

Gail Hi! Glad you made it back

Ai - huge sketch of two bridges...brave undertaking..Ike the WIP photos. Great job on girl at table. Adore your loose direct work espec on cup and tree. Lovely water park sketch. You inspire me to pick up the brush.

Joan - love te way the background and then she is grounded in the sunny patio. The lilac background of the corner bldg establishes soft mood while exciting the other colors. AWESOME lobster.
wow, i love umbrellas. You were so patient with each brick.

ntl- super fab color pencils!

EJH - welcome, nice skull

joe1- racie cycles in motion leaving and running by...different angles

Ep sweet vehicle sketch. Love the lines on the record...the arrangement looks laid back ready to crank out some tunes

Triduana tricky subject, fun sketch .

9 flowers
10 outside of house
11 garden tool tractor forks
12 glasses
13 vintage music
14 tree
15 cleaning sink
16 (poto)book
17 elegant elephant ears and orchid
1E06F33D-98AC-4051-89C0-4B4DFEB26778.jpeg
66723908-7A16-4EE2-86E1-B49403E396C1.jpeg
E1E04796-538E-4D37-9715-2F0035DF52A7.jpeg
D8C729D3-CBA4-4D3D-990F-11AC092FF361.jpeg
0472EA04-5A5E-409E-8055-0786ED072A70.jpeg
84305014-019E-43F2-AF32-621553E6DBA4.jpeg

Ai, good opportunity to sketch people!

Jo, good sketches. Starbucks/Tennessee Whiskey...I agree.

Triduana, welcome!!! What a complicated vehicle. Well done! Thanks for your comments.

EP, love the guitar and all the "vintage" music. We still have a cassette player and I have some vinyl records but no way to play them. Jo, thanks for providing a link to the fun song! It reminds me of a Bobby Vinton type of song.

Robin, thanks. Luckily the set of brushes that I carry around has a tiny flat brush...good for bricks. Great sketches...my favorites are the flower detail and that wonderful sink sketch.

7 - elegant dress - watercolors and ink
0901 lucy 1.jpeg

8 - flowers - watercolors and ink
IMG_0730.jpeg

Lovely works: Joan, Jo, Robin, EP, Joe1,and Kay.
Welcome to the Hunt Kay... Hope you have fun and join in as much as you can... if you are busy don't worry of comments... just share us your sketch. Your 2 wheels look interesting and challenging to draw. You did great.
Joan: Thanks. Charming lady and flower scene. Love how you get all the right amount of details in the place.
Robin: Thanks.... your dancing line inspire me too.... love your flowers.... your big leaves, the bushy tree... I really love the deep sink sketch... what a fabulous glasses sketch...
EP: Thanks... Yes, the debate was in person... we just sit 3 feet away from each other. Class are back to onsite.... Cool cassette player sketch.
Jo: Your Jack Daniel gives me a big smile.
Joe1: Thanks...

Hi all Hunt participants ... :unsure: there was a gap mistake between Sept4-12 (it was not on our original Hunt list). I can help posting the list for the gap date, if any of you wish to send me a list of 3-5 items, that would be kind of you. I will combine all items I get and post as Hunt#37-B list ... :love:

Joan, Wonderful figure, Wonderful job ,Even with flowers and building, all beautiful. Ai, thank you for the new hunt, I will send you a message with a list of 3-5 items, thank you

Good ones E.P. - I like the casette player! I haven't seen one like that in a while.

Robin, I like all your sketches, especially the two colours!

Joan - love the elegant lady. The shop looks very inviting.

I enjoyed taking part - even if I did only manage one! I hope to develop a sketching habit from now on so I'll be back for the next challenge. Thanks all your your comments.

#8 vintage music -- a cassette
#9 book -- part of my bookshelf with an extra of a dream catcher hanging over my books

h37_vintage_music.jpg

Ai,thanks very much, nice ink job Both with the book and with the music and the dream catcher

Back