Scavenger Hunt from Life #37: August 26 - September 4

Thank you Joan, Jo, EP, and Joe1.

Joan:
Wonderful building with nice windows and column. Welldone of the sketch of your artist friend. Beautiful garden of the Big Apple. Nice lobster.

Jo: Very fun and lovely monkey stuff animal sketch. It makes me smile.

You've all been so busy is right! I'm working at getting back into this a bit, seems there's always so many other things to do...
Two items, technology and 2 wheels, both on bond paper, both done with 2 Dali mixed colors pencils. I guess one doesn't know what colors will appear with those.

thumbnail_IMG_6800.jpg

ntl, always fun to try something new for sketching. Colorful!! Nice finds.

Joan, oh, so good you got to go to NYC with the Urban sketcher bunch. Lovely finds and sketches. Yay!!

Joe1 - Thanks for the list. Nice line work on the tree gifts.

Ai - great sketch of upside down Miss Lily. Cool contrast in the bridges. Really lik3 the girl tending the plant. Not sure exactly why but I really like it

Robin - Love your hatching. Downloaded them to use as good examples.

Jo - Nice of Gene to pose. Just realized you did not go north again this year. So trailer served a new purpose. Cool fur technique on the monkey.

Gail - Welcome. Nice job on the desk.

Joan - Nice series of watercolor sketches. I like Anna and the lobster best.

Ntl - Two good finds. The pencils look like fun. They helped produce nice sketches.

Keep sketching
Joe

Ai, thanks! I like your loose ink sketch of the trees.

ntl, I like your sketches with the magic pencil. Good technology and 2 wheeled golf cart.

Jo, yes, I got to the city. Lucky for me that my friend's husband likes to drive us into the city. So far that's the only way I go in.

Joe, thanks. I had to hurry with the lobster since the pot was already steaming. lol

After Lily recovered from Covid19 hospitalization and my parent's recovered from the same thing recently...We need some relaxation... so today we took the kids to water bike pedaling at a local garden pond foodshop.

#6 outdoor

h37_outdoor_a.jpg

h37_outdoor_b.jpg

Thanks everyone.
Ai your campus tree is lovely. Love the loopy leaves. The water park sketch looks fun. Happy the girls and your parents are better.

On the porch sketched in the regular sketchbook with a Micron 02 and colored pencil added.
Number 4 dish and 5 screwdriver.

csshfl37dish.jpg
dish550.jpg

#1 "object on your desk".
It's a mink skull I found on a rail ride I did a couple of weeks ago. I also found its little shoulder blade next to it.
Sketched it with a watersoluble graphite pencil, then colored it with a watercolor wash, on some cheapo wc paper I use for experimenting.
Love these hunts, and let me just make the (lazy) blanket statement I follow and enjoy all your contributions. It's a busy time of the year, but I'll do my best to participate and react.

Attachments

• 20220830_162015.jpg
    20220830_162015.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 92
E.J.H., that is a super sketch. I love the shading and lost lines.
Welcome to the Hunts! We love seeing and learning about other places through our sketches.

EJH: Welcome to the Hunts... and what a fantastic way to have such a cool bone piece on your desk.

Jo: Thanks. Now you make a Super Bowl sketch.... nice screwdriver.

Done on my mobile phone with a stylus pen, using PenUp app.
#7 2 wheels, Thai style bushel push cart

20220901_081914.jpg

Ai, the pedal boats look like so much fun. Nice sketch of them!! So happy everyone is healthy again. I like the sketch of the push cart with the two wheels.

Jo, love the bowl...now what can we fill it with???

E.J.H., what an interesting sketch. I like your method of sketching it.

Joe 1, nice sketches of the motorcycle.

EP, fun little van with two visible wheels.

6 - outdoors - watercolor and ink
IMG_0726.jpeg

#1b -- human figures ... my faculty just hosted the faculty Dean candidate vision talk yesterday ... I was recording this as an audience

h37_humanfigures2.jpg

Back