Scavenger Hunt from Life #116: May 27 - June 4

Jo - love the rocks. The rocks themselves are kinda cool. Obviously the rose rock is unique but the other two… well one looks like it was rolled up from a flat rock and the flat one looks like it was run through a tumbler. Drawing directly in pen is a challenge I eventually have to face, but I do love my eraser. 😎

Joan - WOW! You have definitely gotten good at digital drawing. Great job on the people and the water is amazing! Think your watercolor skills transfer to digital quite well.
Joan one question..does the woman have a tattoo?

Ai, Lily is the taller one?

Keep sketching
Fletch

Looking for a little cup to use withe the water soluble graphite this morning and found a good one you watercolor folks might like. It’s the measuring cup from Tide laundry detergent. It has a pour lip on two sides that make a great brush holder.
IMG_2564.jpeg

Keep sketching
Fletch

@Fletch ...Yes, Lily grows taller than me, than Iris...lol .. .awesome tip on Tide cup..

Hey Ned, thank you. Gene is amazing on the trike. He used to ride his age on his birthday on a regular bicycle. When he was about 60 or 65 he decided to ride 100 miles and put some in the bank for when he was 80 and couldn't make his age. Ha. He did that for a few years. All the getting ready takes as long as the ride. Not for me!! Baseball is over for us. Son-in-law is for LSU being from New Orleans so guess we will root for them if they make it past today.

Joan, oh, I love the pool and tiny child. Fun.... Well done! Thanks the rose rock is very rough like sandstone.

Ai, thanks. I'm still trying to realize how long we've been sketching. Yikes! The roses are beautiful and the orchids in the bag is clever and beautiful. Direct watercolor is made for you.

Fletch, yes on the flat rock. I think it must be from Nova Scotia where the tides really move the rocks around. But, I didn't write on it at the time. Ha. Thanks for the tide lid idea.

Hi there. It is June 4th in Thailand already... so I go ahead to post the next Hunt here. However, you all in the North America still have more time to play with #116. Cheers.

#5 door - idea was to do a3 fer on door. It was 97° F on the lanai so this went from my drawing idea to a fast sketch. Use HB and 2H graphite . Sketched in 2H and went over with HB indoors. In A5 ish sized sketch book.

3 doors. . Screen door, sliding door and bathroom door

IMG_2561.jpeg

Keep sketching
Fletch

Joan -- nice digital pool scene, good colors!

Ai -- Wow those roses are really gorgeous! The purple and yellow are a nice pairing for the orchids.

Fletch -- good on the 3 doors! You made if further than me... I set up my "small" antique camera ( it's about 100 years old, and uses 5x7" film ), and I tried a couple quick pencil sketches of it to get a feel before using ink. The perspective defeated me. Part of the camera was below eye level and part was above... I think I could do it by eyeballing all the angles, but it would have taken a long time!

Jo -- I always enjoy the baseball no matter how well the team does. It was a fun year -- I already miss it! I'll enjoy watching the CWS anyway ( last summer was amazing... so many great games )

Today I walked at a remote beach... it was windy and foggy. I found a place that was out of the wind to sit for a little while.
#2 outdoors
IMG_1917rs.jpg

photo:
20240603_153830rs.jpg

Fletch, thanks! Yes, the woman in the pool has a tattoo. Looks like you found a handy brush holder/water cup. Nice doors...and I see the railing for the pool too.

Ai, your direct watercolors of the flowers and the bag turned out really well. You are on a roll!

Jo, thanks so much. Gene sounds like he is so good on the trike. Does he ride every day? I'm lucky I can drag myself out to walk every morning.

Ned, thanks. Oh, look at the texture on those rocks!!! Nice sketch of them from your walk.

NedL, Thanks so much for hosting.

Jo, Joan, Fletch: Thanks.

Fletch: Cool screen doors.

Ai, I will check out the new Hunt, thanks.

Fletch, sounds like my sketch, it was so hot out on the porch this morning even with the fan. So humid but no rain. I like your perspective and lines. Applause!!

Ned, yep. The only team left with family connections is Tennessee. May root a bit for West Virginia from the Big 12. Ha. Your beach sketch is so nice. Your rocks have good varied shapes. Thanks always for the photos, nothing like that in our world. Thanks for this Hunt. Some thinking involved.

Joan, thanks. Gene tries to ride about 8-10 miles every other day. He does well. His preparation of getting his trike down, putting on his computer and phone, drink, helmet, gloves, etc. takes a while. I would be bored before I got started. Ha. He is slower but still riding and that helps his other movement.

I sketched on the porch on my phone. Not as easy as the iPad even though I use the same app, Brushes.
# 5 free space - ceiling fan hard at work.

csshfl116free.jpg

Ned, thanks again for the Hunt. See all y'all on #117.

Jo, glad the riding helps Gene keep moving in all ways. Sounds like quite a bit of riding to me. Nice work on the ceiling fan. Sorry it didn't keep you cool enough. We've had a couple of beautiful days in a row. Perfect enough to go out and paint without getting hot.

14 - shrubs - direct watercolor (Done for the 30x30 Direct Watercolor Challenge.)

IMG_5418.jpeg

Ned, thanks so much for hosting!

Back