Scavenger Hunt #3 - Nov 26 - Dec 4

the lines do not center, I had made them days ago with the dominant hand, trying a ballpoint pen and trrying tutorial in book

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments.

Triss, love your pair of espresso mugs.

Sue, nice grouping and variety of objects and colors.

joe1, ginger has great shapes for sketching, all those twists and knobs. I applaud you doing the challenges. I almost never do them.

This might be a record number of sketches for me in a hunt in 2021. Not sure. Anyway, here's #5, something that cuts. I chose to portray the last thing that cut me. I should have propped the top of the box open or something, because it kept moving, so I'm not sure how accurate my sketch ended up.
20211202_111217 (Large).jpg

Angela, it is hard to take care of parents no matter what the situation. Glad you are trying to fit art into your life more...like anything it takes time for that habit to form. I like your smooth and textured. I have trouble getting good photos of things that are just pencil. The focus seems to be off for me too. Oh, I hate those boxes. You would think that after all this time they would have designed a better model that doesn't cut you instead of the wrap. Nicely done!!

Sue, thanks. Sorry you wore your eyes out but they seem to be working really well this morning. Nice still life of so many items. My favorite items are the folded bag of half-used flour and the honey server...(keeps autocorrecting to drizzled).

Joe 1, great work on the knobby ginger! They are so strangely shaped that they are just fun. Good to see you tried the minion with your non-dominant hand.

My sketch group met last night at the library and our theme was cosmetics.
8 - round makeup mirror - watercolors and ink
9 - rectangular eye shadow
10 - a bottle of perfume
11 - creamy lipstick
12 - soft brush
IMG_9136.jpeg

joe1lt, Mmmmm, I like ginger and I like your drawings. Makes me think of Chinese food. The minion is great with both hands. You do well.

amo, Angela, clever idea for something that cuts. Ouch! Very nice drawing, shading and textures. Applause.

Joan, great sketch of the makeup items. Clever finds!! Nice when another sketch fits here. Love the mirror and colors.

I hope to get one more sketch here in the morning, we shall see.

In the meantime the new Hunt is posted for joe1lt, looks fun.

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-4-dec4-dec-12.2811/

Shucks, Ms. Helpful put the new Hunt up a day early. Please continue on this one. I was thinking tonight was Dec. 3. Sigh. Sorry all.

I will try to come back for commenting later ... but now my sketches of today, I was proctoring online-exam thru several software systems, one of those was Microsoft-Teams...
#6 come in (MS-Teams meeting) box -- I did initial sketch with Uniball pen, then go after with water soluble pencil (dry), then last I put down some dabs of water on the cp.
h3_Come-in-a-Box_a.jpg

h3_Come-in-a-Box_b.jpg

h3_Come-in-a-Box_c.jpg

h3_Come-in-a-Box_d.jpg

Mary: Wow ... cool digi sink... and the red bench is also stunning...

Sue: Thanks. Charming condiments set of sketches. Love the soft vintage feel to them.

Joe1: Love the minion and the ginger.

Robin: Thanks. Fun and funky dancing line... love the texture and round especially.

Jo: No worry ... we all have too many things on our mind ;) .. Love the Texas cup ... such happy colors.

Joan: Thanks. What a charming group of make up item sketches. My fav. were the perfume bottle and the lipstick.

Anne: You have been rolling with great sketches...my fav. were the picket fence and the round wheel.

Triss: Thanks. Fantastic cuppa duo... Love your strokes in every medium... and the pooch sketch is cool and cozy feel.

Angela: Great to see several of your sketches... all are great shading and such delicate pattern on the unfortunate box that cut you.

Jessie: Welcome... :) hope you can share us some of your sketch... just feel free to try things here.

Last edited:
Angela, Joan, Ai, Jo, thank you very much,

Angela, beautiful design of the box.
Joan, fantastic composition.
MaryKnos, fantastic work, once or twice I tried this subject without being able to draw it, I find it difficult perspective.
Ai, beautiful portraits, adding color makes them stand out even more, great job.

Sue - Wonderful sketch of your items - really like your work with the watercolour pencils, lovely colours and textures!

Joe1 - Amazing variety and great gnarliness to your ginger drawings - great sketching. And fun to see you drawing your minion with your non-dominant hand.

Angela - I thought I was the only one clumsy enough to find those boxes lethal! Lovely shading, and fab detailing of that evil serrated edge!

Joan - Beautiful colours in your cosmetic sketch, great job on all the items - but I particularly like those lipsticks.

Mary - Love that angle! Great sketch - brilliant bits of texture and brushwork, and your digital style always looks so much fun!

Ai - I really love the look with the watercolour pencil - that brings a fun dimension to the nervous students. But, just looking at your desk makes me feel cross-eyed - it must be so tiring to oversee the exams that way.

#3a/b - Chair. My window chair (empty), and the more usual view of it (occupied by Dog1). A - gouache & oil pastel, A3, b - acrylic & oil pastel, A2.

chaircs.jpg

chaircs1.jpg

Sue - Wonderful sketch of your items - really like your work with the watercolour pencils, lovely colours and textures!

Joe1 - Amazing variety and great gnarliness to your ginger drawings - great sketching. And fun to see you drawing your minion with your non-dominant hand.

Angela - I thought I was the only one clumsy enough to find those boxes lethal! Lovely shading, and fab detailing of that evil serrated edge!

Joan - Beautiful colours in your cosmetic sketch, great job on all the items - but I particularly like those lipsticks.

Mary - Love that angle! Great sketch - brilliant bits of texture and brushwork, and your digital style always looks so much fun!

Ai - I really love the look with the watercolour pencil - that brings a fun dimension to the nervous students. But, just looking at your desk makes me feel cross-eyed - it must be so tiring to oversee the exams that way.

#3a/b - Chair. My window chair (empty), and the more usual view of it (occupied by Dog1). A - gouache & oil pastel, A3, b - acrylic & oil pastel, A2.

View attachment 14340
View attachment 14341
Triss - great sketch of your dog! Love the loose brush work!

Joe, good job with the ginger. That's got plenty of texture for sure! Good practice with non-dominant hand on your minion.

amo, I like your cutting box. Ouch!

Joan, beautiful job on the cosmetics. Love the bright colors and the reflection oflight on the perfume bottle. Nice compostion with the mirror.

Mary, great digital for water. You did this with your FINGER!!! Impressive.

Ai, fun looking at all the portraits you drew during the test.

Triss, I love your chair, empty and then with your dog. I like your style.

Jo, thanks. I brought some of the items for the cosmetic sketch specifically so they would fit here...might as well. lol

Mary, that sink is so cool!!! I love your overhead composition.

Ai, I love how you were able to use your proctoring time on the computer to do so many thumbnail sketches. YAY for you!!! The sketcher sitting across from me had the perfume bottle and was willing to share.:)

Joe 1, thank you!!

Triss, your chair is great and I can understand why it is usually occupied. He must love sitting there and watching what is going on outside. That is such a great sketch!!! Really nice looseness and texture.

Anne, thanks. It is fun to do reflections in the mirror once in a while.

Thanks for your kind comments: Joan, Joe1, Anne, and Triss

Triss:
Love the intimate pooch view and the stunning vivid chair. Your loose dynamic brushstokes are such a joy to see.

Mary, wow, I like the water in the sink. Cool.

Ai, wow, again, the sketches from your meeting are amazing.

Triss, how fun, the empty chair and then occupied. Love those and blue to boot!

I sketched in the big book with various pens. Didn't keep track.
Number 8, comes in a bag - avocados
Number 9, from the kitchen - cup
Number 10, from a drawer - meat thermometer

csshfl3in-bag.jpg

Joan I absolutely LOVE your cosmetics sketch

Ai- wow! Your teams sketches are so unique and fun. You captured Each person’s body language and expressions

View attachment 14340
View attachment 14341
Triss these are wonderful! Can I ask what gouache is?

00D47897-BAE9-48DC-82F0-AA0570BADBD3.jpeg
Sketch 7&8 Something round-ceramic apples. Something found in the kitchen a metal chicken. Digital/finger

Back