grouping system two
playing card back
playing card front
D19DB82A-EE2A-4E2C-8EF5-CCEF2A580FFB.jpeg
1E5317BD-83F3-43B2-BA0F-1C7B81159EDD.jpeg
32CC6EC1-9CE8-4E09-9110-82FB1F98DFCE.jpeg
6EBFB9A6-29C9-44A2-95DF-9BD16BA28D2A.jpeg
9C72F1A2-5B83-4CAF-AF50-B10147885528.jpeg

Found the round playing cards at a yard sale....
saw the subliminal face in the tea bag wrapper two days ago while drinking tea , of course

joe1: Hello... enjoy your ipad ...

Robin: Thank you.... cool subliminal face .... I need my thinking cap...cool round playing cards...I never seen ones before ... great 3 views of the wine cork screw... nice grouping systems... fantastic wise words.

Last edited:
Thanks all on the cloud/face and sketches.

joe1lt, looking forward to your new iPad sketches and your regular sketches, too.

Robin, I like your subliminal face. I usually see some when I'm painting rocks or clouds. Once you get one in a painting you can't see anything else and then it is hard not to paint them in! Ha and another face on the opener. Cool, Good lines and hatching there. What a cute notebook and very special cards. Whoot!!

Number 7, feet together - Gene's at bone density place. Did the bottom ones first thinking he would be called and had time to do another. Sigh... in the small sketchbook with a Sharpie pen.

csshflfeet.jpg

Sorry to miss so many days. I've been distracted with Sketchbook Revival and other things.

Thanks to all for your comments.
Ai, nice hand. The cutting board and veggies is awesome!! Nice woodgrain and colors. Makes me hungry too...

Jo, love the chair piled high with pillows! Your candies look like mints. Good sketch of eye doctor's area. Sorry things were too wet to sketch outside. It is quite handy (pardon the pun) to have a hand to sketch. Good feet touching.

Anne, the label on your jar came out nice! Your wood grain is nicely done. Interesting card face. Super sketches of the views of the clip.

Sue, glad to see you back and to hear that you are feeling better. I like your coffee cup sketches and the biscuits to go with it. I see you have treats for the birds too! I've never tasted chestnut honey. Sounds like an unusual combination of flavors.

Joe 1, I hope you enjoy the new iPad!

Robin, super wine opener sketches. When should I come over with the wine? Great thinking for a napkin holder as a grouping system. Oh, you have round cards too. I will have to look for mine. I haven't seen them in a while.

2 - pertaining to earth - graphite
IMG_9812.jpeg

3 - free space - watercolors
IMG_9816.jpeg

4 - pertaining to air - watercolors and ink
IMG_9814.jpeg

5 - woodgrain on pilings - watercolors and ink
IMG_9798.jpeg

Joan, thanks. I love that you were out and sketching. I like the graphite, you don't use that a lot. Me either. Your free space sketch is so good, could be here in the trees. The birds flying over the pond/water with the power lines is fun and great. You captured the breeze at the pilings. Lovely sketches. Happy you posted.

I sketched at the dining table in the 9 x 12 inch regular paper sketchbook with the Sharpie.
Number 5 and 6 front and back of cards
Number 7 product label
csshfl18cards.jpg

csshfl18label.jpg

Jo- Genes feet touching is nice sketch...looks like tension was mounting as time went by. Hope he got good report. Interesting pack of train cards. The Queen must be having tea in the royal car. I havent found an almond butter to my liking. I still prefer the natural peanut.

Joan lovely watercolors. Like the shadows quirking over the bear ground In the free space sketch. Looks like they are reaching for spring shoots. The graphite made me think of ascatraz....been watching too much I almost got away with it, probably.

Thanks for your comments folks.

Jo, enjoying your sketches from the car - you've inspired me as you will see below
Robin, great playing cards - must be a challenge to hold a big hand of that shape.
Joan, lovely watercolours as always - my fave is the second one with the trees by the water. Chestnut honey is from bees who feast on chestnut blossom, it has a strong taste, almost savoury but very yummy.

I've decided to have a go with digital sketches in the hope that I may be able to use it to sort out composition when planning work. These are some from my second foray into the app, still very basic as I decided to stick with one colour and brush to make it easy (Ha Ha!) at first, No stylus yet and my fingers feel far too big:(

5 Subliminal face - skylights and sign on building seen from the car park
18 6.jpg

6 3 Different sizes - books
18 5.jpg

I disappeared for a while working on a Drawing Course that I go t about halfway through the course when a combination of things brought a stop to drawing, Has been at least 3 weeks since I even picked up a pencil although I have lurked a bit.

Lots of great work by everyone. Too many to play catchup.

#1 foreign coin - Canadian 2 dollar coin think it is called a Twoonie. EP help out here please. A quick sketch about 10 minutes most of that erasing, Just wanted to use a pencil

AAA26FD6-96ED-4556-B948-2EF8894F6B3F.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Joan, lovely sketches. I like your graphite sketch too. It's a nice change. Your watercolor scenes are beautiful as always.

Jo, what an interesting set of cards. I use almond milk but I haven't ever tried almond butter. I use a natural peanut butter that only contains peanuts and salt.

Sue, I like your subliminal face and books. Good job with your finger stylus. That is really a challenge.

Joe, nice coin.

Jo, Joe, Sue, and Joan: Super sketches.

Joan: Love the free space.
Jo: Wonderful playing card patterns.
Joe: Cute coin pattern.
Sue: Nice go on digi. Cute various book sizes.

AI, Joan, Jo, thank you very much,
other wonderful designs,
Joe, Sue, Jo, Joan, great work.
see you in the new hunt.

Thanks, Robin for hosting. Fun!

Thanks all on my sketches. I forgot to put the "spades" on my queen of cards. Jeepers!

See all y'all next Hunt!

Back