Petworth

Arnie

Hi. My first post here, following many years with WetCanvas.
Petworth: about 50 mins away, all the vistas are care of Capability Brown who did the landscaping. Loads of old masters to see in the house including 20 Turners, who visited there several times.
Its the same lake in both paintings – just further round. The clouds were moving quickly and the light was very different for the second. The triangle just showing above the house is the roof of the church in the town behind the house – hence its in different positions.

C&C Appreciated, Thanks for looking. Arnie

PETWORTH 1 lapnszsjlecdb7t57ivzc0mowqdbsvw6.JPG

Watercolour on 140lbs Moulin Rouge NOT 15×11 inches

PETWORTH 2 vw5ztfcv0dni3721uivp4oaws1hfoym0.JPG

Watercolour on 140lbs Arches NOT 15×11 inches

Both are good. what you must do is to soft the lines and play with the straight hard lines at the edge of the land that come to contact with the lakes.

Arnie....these look great and as mentioned to you the skies are handled beautifully with lots of atmosphere. You have captured wonderful depth in these with excellent palettes. Great work on both!

John

Arnie....these look great and as mentioned to you the skies are handled beautifully with lots of atmosphere. You have captured wonderful depth in these with excellent palettes. Great work on both!

John
Thanks again John for commenting again on this one also on Creative Spark. Good to see youve made it over hear too.

These are terrific, and painted on scene at Petworth? How lovely. I haven't been there for ages.
The first one is a real stunner, I love pretty much everything about it; the sky, the colours and light in the lake, the composition. Super stuff.

These are terrific, and painted on scene at Petworth? How lovely. I haven't been there for ages.
The first one is a real stunner, I love pretty much everything about it; the sky, the colours and light in the lake, the composition. Super stuff.
Thanks Claudia - much appreciated. Painted from photos later.

Thanks Claudia - much appreciated. Painted from photos later.
Ah, photos - of course. I thought it must be en plein air because of the mention of the clouds moving, but of course that would apply to taking photographs too. Sorry about the double post, I don't know how to delete it.

Back