Slade Cottage

Arnie

mini-SladeCottage.JPG

I recently attended a family wedding at a farm near Ilam/Dovedale in the peak district, and stayed in this cottage on the farm. Thought the owners would appreciate a watercolour of it.

To fill out the corner I slightly moved the bush on the left from its actual position to the corner, to link it with the red/orange used on the chimneys. I decided to do the windows without using gouache, but after a lot concentration with a pointy brush, had to ‘fix’ them with some gouache.

C&C Appreciated. Thanks for looking. Arnie

Watercolour, White Nights + touch gouache on Arches NOT about 14x10 inches.

What a quaint cottage. I'm jealous that you got to go there. It's a beautiful painting. I feel the scene. Bravo! ♥️

What is NOT?

Lovely and inviting. I would be thrilled to get such a painting of my cottage (if I had one....)
Decades ago my in-laws lived in the countryside of the UK. In a flush period they had their listed property painted in oils by a local artist and it became the cover for their personal thank you note cards, etc. Wish I had that painting now.
Nothing like an English cottage to bring out the nostalgia and wistfulness.
Can you get the rest of us invited too?

It is lovely, Arnie. Excellent job on the foliage and the stones of the cottage. ❤️

I lived in a house quite like that in Germany! I'm sure the owners will love your gift!

Lovely and inviting. I would be thrilled to get such a painting of my cottage (if I had one....)
Decades ago my in-laws lived in the countryside of the UK. In a flush period they had their listed property painted in oils by a local artist and it became the cover for their personal thank you note cards, etc. Wish I had that painting now.
Nothing like an English cottage to bring out the nostalgia and wistfulness.
Can you get the rest of us invited too?
I lived in a house quite like that in Germany! I'm sure the owners will love your gift!
Thanks Bartc and Jae: Was hesitant about just sending it to them but your comment has embolded me. I will post it on facebook first so other in the family will get to see it.

Back