No Title Landscape...

I actually posted this here back in April, but it got zero replies so I deleted it. I was embarrassed! I'm going to be brave and try again now that there are more people here.

It's just called "Landscape Study 1" because I couldn't come up with anything. It's a small 6 x 9 inch watercolor and colored pencil on Arches.

View attachment 11648
I really love the colors you used

I really like this Arty. It keeps my eye interested with the variety. I think I might like abstracted landscapes like this more than realistic ones. So why do I paint realistic landscapes.

I really like this Arty. It keeps my eye interested with the variety. I think I might like abstracted landscapes like this more than realistic ones. So why do I paint realistic landscapes.
You know what? That's an interesting question you ask. My favorite artist is Van Gogh, as I adore his brush strokes and sense of movement and excitement. But in my own work, I avoid strokes and keep everything very smooth. I might make a separate thread exploring this dichotomy, and see if others do this at all, because it's rather interesting.

First time I see it, must have overlooked it in april (how quickly did you delete it;)).
Anyway, I think it´s a lovely landscape study. As someone said before it has a nice feeling of rhythm/movement. And I like how you treated the sky.

I'm glad you re-posted it too, I don't remember seeing it. I think it is a very interesting landscape, that green against the charcoal just draws you right in to the middle ground. Well done Ayin! ❤️❤️❤️

Thanks john. I appreciate your feedback. I always wonder why my abstract landscapes aren't even more abstract sometimes! So, I know what you mean. :ROFLMAO:

Jessie, thank you very much! And I saw the thread you started in the Art Talk forum. I've been thinking about it and am excited to post on it.

EJH, thanks for your compliments and words. I know this was hanging out for a while, which was why I finally took it down. That was what I was embarrassed about. It had no comments on it. But now, that's not the case at all. I swear I wasn't fishing for compliments, just an acknowledgement. ;) So thank you.

Thanks sno. With you, I figured you just overlooked it somehow because you usually make a comment of some kind. Thanks for your feedback! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Thanks sno. With you, I figured you just overlooked it somehow because you usually make a comment of some kind. Thanks for your feedback! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️
Any time since the middle of Sept. I could easily overlook any post. I've missed so much that I will never get caught up but I truly don't remember seeing this posted. Maybe it was the title of the post that let it get overlooked? In any case I like it and am glad you got brave and re-posted. :giggle:

Back