Monthly Art Prompts - March 2023

I'm cross posting with the Scavenger Hunt from life. I needed a pair of...... and hair. I thought of these mugs (pair) and bear (hair) for Alma Mater. Actually our daughter's Alma Mater is the University of Texas and our son's is Texas State in San Marcos. About an hour in pastel on Pastelbord, 12 x 12 inches, recycled. I wiped off another sketch to do this one. I may keep this one. Ha.
View attachment 29220
Love this Jo!!! Delightful! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Under classical, this is my take on Cadiz Cathedral. Cadiz is said to be the oldest continuously inhabited city in western Europe. The blue/yellow are the colours of the local football team but perhaps also indicative of the fact it is surrounded by sea on nearly all sides and perpetually sunny...

cadiz copy.jpg

Thanks, CaliAnn. Pastels are my favorite medium.

Martin, love the colors and shapes in your cathedral.

Wonderful job

classical
Are copy from reference

34082CD5-3023-4D26-9DE2-9E66570BED52.jpeg

maybe the first time I copied it was 34 years ago. today is my birthday but i wish i had never been born or go back to about 14 years ago when on 2 occasions i could have saved my life, done something useful, maybe become a near decent human being but i failed and it made things even uglier .sorry for this words

Last edited:
joe1lt, love the classical Donald. You have a nice touch. I'll say happy birthday and hope your birthday improves. It's been fun seeing your drawings. Eeyore always makes me smile. Think of you often and miss you when you don't post. You definitely mean something here with beauty in your work.

Joe: Your drawing is awesome. You ARE a decent human being - and I agree with Jo - you DO mean something here. You always take the time to comment on peoples posts - you never know when that comment of yours lifts someone's spirit. I can tell you, from personal experience, you have lifted mine on several occassions. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and I hope your spirits improve.

Happy Birthday, Joe! You're a wonderful person and you'll never convince me that you aren't!
Great choice for the classical prompt, and very well drawn!

Happy Birthday Joe. ❤️ You are loved. Remember that when you are feeling this kind of way. I do understand your feelings. I often feel the same. You make a huge difference in this world. There can be a lot of darkness in people who see so much beauty, and it is a curse. But you will see light again. I promise. 🌻

Joe, love your ducks.

You have given much joy with your drawings. They get better and better. We can't undo the past, only work on the present and future. You are kind and thoughtful with your comments and your art now and that is where you have to focus, not on the past.

Happy birthday.

Back