Monthly Art Prompts - March 2023

Thank you Ayin, CaliAnn and AJ! ❤️ I had a lot of fun in that place.

AJ: Polaroid discontinued their famous Time Zero film a long time ago. There are (always) rumors that some kind of similar film will be brought back...I doubt it, but time will tell. :)

Thank you Ayin, CaliAnn and AJ! ❤️ I had a lot of fun in that place.

AJ: Polaroid discontinued their famous Time Zero film a long time ago. There are (always) rumors that some kind of similar film will be brought back...I doubt it, but time will tell. :)
so sad.. I hear photographers looking in vain for certain film sometimes... can't help but feel bad! My dad was some sort of photographer when I was young... a child. He always would have one around his neck.

Deja Vu
D3CEC68B-4C70-4749-88EE-54BEE331C958.jpeg

AJ: Your classic is cool - but Deja Vu stole my heart. It is so amazing!

Jennie Jo: incredible classical! I also went with classical sculpture.. yours looks much better than mine..!

Terri: haven’t seen this technique..! Really cool! Awesome for alma mater. I wish I could learn photo.. next taken a photo class.. only painting/drawing and a brief bit of mosaics. This photo manipulation you’ve created is stunning!
Many thanks. Classical was such a great choice. Really had to put thinking cap on.
I'm just catching up with all the posts. Eager now to see them all.

Alma Mater:

View attachment 29058

Showcase was a wonderful place for decades - a very well-stocked photography store, and classrooms downstairs, complete with a darkroom. This is where I took hand coloring classes back in the day. Bought lots of supplies and photo gear there, too. It's long been shuttered now, of course. Le sigh.

This is a manipulated Polaroid Time Zero print, by the way.
Love this one. Great treatment - effects are wonderful.

Alma Mater:

View attachment 29058

Showcase was a wonderful place for decades - a very well-stocked photography store, and classrooms downstairs, complete with a darkroom. This is where I took hand coloring classes back in the day. Bought lots of supplies and photo gear there, too. It's long been shuttered now, of course. Le sigh.

This is a manipulated Polaroid Time Zero print, by the way.
I have a tiny tiny facebook page where I post links to Australian artists, mostly, that I come across in my book readings. Cleaning up a bookcase this morning, discovered a photography book about the 80s and a photographer linked to this exhibition of hand coloured photography.
20230310_075238857.jpeg
Thought it might interest you. https://artblart.com/tag/christine-barry/
This is the image I was chasing info about ...

Holy crap - that's a wonderful article, Jennie! Thank you for the link. I've not heard of any of these artists/photographers, but they're great!

Loved seeing all the fun mediums used - the dyes, watercolors, pens. ❤️ Superb!

Holy crap - that's a wonderful article, Jennie! Thank you for the link. I've not heard of any of these artists/photographers, but they're great!

Loved seeing all the fun mediums used - the dyes, watercolors, pens. ❤️ Superb!
Great! I thought it was interesting. But then I knew nothing about the topic :)

AJ, fun answers to the prompts for classical and deja-vu.

Zen, what a great idea for deja-vu. Poor Phil!

Jennie Jo, good one for classical.

Terri, I liked your story of learning coloring of photos. My mother did some of that many years ago.

AJ, I like your classical buildings.

Thought about this for "classical." Teddy bears are a classic toy that have been loved by children for a long time.

This was also posted in the Water Media March challenge.

Line and wash in XL Mix Media Sketchbook.

20230310Sk7 Teddy (WMC-CS).png

I'm cross posting with the Scavenger Hunt from life. I needed a pair of...... and hair. I thought of these mugs (pair) and bear (hair) for Alma Mater. Actually our daughter's Alma Mater is the University of Texas and our son's is Texas State in San Marcos. About an hour in pastel on Pastelbord, 12 x 12 inches, recycled. I wiped off another sketch to do this one. I may keep this one. Ha.
csmaters.jpg

Back