Monthly Art Prompts - March 2023

Mississippi Hippie

Create some art that is inspired by any of this month's prompts. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Here are the prompts for February. Have fun interpreting them.

Classical
Deja vu
Alma Mater

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the month, as many times as you would like.
Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

For help in finding reference images online, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images.
If you have copyright-free images that go along with the prompts that you would like to share, you can post them in this thread for others to use.

If you would like to provide prompts for a month, sign up here.

Alma Mater
Tried to get influence from my previous schools homecomings. ^.^
EF81DED9-07C2-4BCF-8FB6-672F820F4096.jpeg

Deja vu?

deja-vu72.jpg

Just a quick pen sketch in my moleskin sketchbook. I carry this thing around with me and jot down all my rough ideas. I have filled a number of these books. They are little, like 5 x 3.5 inches or something like that. I always use a Fisher space pen that collapses to half the size of the height of the book. Easy to carry around and great for writing upside down when I'm laying in bed.

Classical. Thanks for the reminder about this monthly event ...
A mixed bag. I read classical stories and art books regularly. And, as one who can't master collage I've used their classic poses often in attempts in collage personal challenges.
This is a digital collage, them I can do, using 3 of my works. 1. A classical collage 2. An OP that uses classical poses 3. A colour pencil sketch than sits between the other two.

Note: the classic images were were cut out from one of my tourist magazines.
20211223_064804199-01.jpeg

Alma Mater:

showcaseSX70.jpg

Showcase was a wonderful place for decades - a very well-stocked photography store, and classrooms downstairs, complete with a darkroom. This is where I took hand coloring classes back in the day. Bought lots of supplies and photo gear there, too. It's long been shuttered now, of course. Le sigh.

This is a manipulated Polaroid Time Zero print, by the way.

Thanks CaliAnn, Terri and Artyczar. Not sure if you noticed, but there I go with the pink again. I might be infected! 😀
Jennie, when the results are this beautiful, why fight it? ;) You and pink have a thing going on!

Jennie Jo: incredible classical! I also went with classical sculpture.. yours looks much better than mine..!

Terri: haven’t seen this technique..! Really cool! Awesome for alma mater. I wish I could learn photo.. next taken a photo class.. only painting/drawing and a brief bit of mosaics. This photo manipulation you’ve created is stunning!

Back