Monthly Art Prompts - January 2023

šŸ¤£ Very nicely illustrated!

thanks Laika
then yesterday I really drew it, I thought I wouldn't post it on Instagram or even here without asking. but 2 hours ago I put it on instagram, I also feel guilty, I feel like an artistic artificial intelligence, in the sense that people don't do much there and AI takes from others (the important work here is by Briaian

ā€œLustā€ 36x48 inches.. spray, acrylic, oil pastel.. canvas..
F40C1346-2228-463E-BA08-9BD43E94CAE7.jpeg

CaliAnn, love your gluttony.

Zen, glad you were finally able to post. Good choice for wrath.

Joe, good choice for gluttony. This character reminds of "wimpy" in the old Popeye cartoon. He was always eating a hamburger. Your drawing of the lusty elephants is well done.

Terri, I had a chuckle over your "sloth."

Jo, sorry you are having computer problems. I remember when mine had to be replaced and I had to use my phone for a couple of weeks. Very challenging!

Alabama, lusty indeed!

Here's mine for gluttony. In the spring, the caterpillars eat everything they can find that is green. Ink and watercolor in XL Mix Media sketchbook.

20230110Sk7 Caterpillar (WDE).png

Anne, thanks, yes, yes, I drew him, it occurred to me and I looked for a couple of images from cartoon popey, I loved Popey.

yes, he's wimpy, like popey, I didn't know his real name, his English name, they called him Poldo at my place

Anne, you have done a beautiful drawing of the caterpillar, and a beautiful choice.

today I thought about the prompt
and a person came to my mind who encloses all these vices or many of them, and in an industrial quantity, represents them very well.

I started making a drawing and then others, from references with some beads of him ...
in my country, once upon a time Michelangelo, Leonardo, Botticelli, Caravaggio were born..
Years later, however, this person was also born, I decline, worse and worse, we started well, but then, then this person was born, then I was born .., worse and worse
a big decline.
especially for people like this, and who was our president for so many years...
he has done a lot,
there is also a phone call from the premier to the Milanese police station in which he asks for the immediate release of a minor prostitute of Moroccan origins, saying that a girl of Moroccan nationality was the niece of the president of Egypt and that she had to be released otherwise a diplomatic crisis would break out. Of course they released it.

the first drawing comes from the official photo of an EU summit, a summit of European foreign ministers about 15 years ago

one man for the Seven Deadly Sins:

2023-01-11 19-30 2.jpeg
2023-01-11 19-30 1.jpeg
2023-01-11 19-30.jpeg

Last edited:
AJ: I love the colors and shapes in this. I've looked at this for quite a while, but I'm not getting it. I feel so dumb :rolleyes:
Very sorry you felt dumb! You are not.. it is something I can only understand because I created it. The color, blue. The composition. The cube. I feel it isnā€™t very unique or hard to do but the overall vibe make me feel proud.

Thank you for explaining - I get it now! It is brilliant for Pride. You are always thinking outside the box :)

Lust, Pride, Envy ...

1674077055181.jpeg

I wasn't planning to show this here, it's bizarre, but this thread asks for it. I had been doing a bunch of ho-hum facial studies, quit, decided to let go and see what comes up. This did. I recognized him immediately, it's Loki the trickster god from Norse/Germanic mythology. A subject I like to study occasionally. He's not necessarily my favorite, but might be important, so I should pay attention. I would have preferred Freya or Odin. I did this quick, pencil, 5-10 minutes, in a 6x8-inch sketchbook.

Last edited:
Back