Monthly Art Prompts - January 2023

CaliAnn

Hello and welcome to 2023! 🙂

Create some art that is inspired by any of this month's prompts. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Here are the prompts for January. Have fun interpreting them.

1(one) of the Seven Deadly Sins:
Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the month, as many times as you would like.
Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompts spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.

For help in finding reference images online, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images.
If you have copyright-free images that go along with the prompts that you would like to share, you can post them in this thread for others to use.

If you would like to provide prompts for a month, sign up here.

Took this photo some twenty years ago in a zoo in the Netherlands. It fits the bill for lust, I think... :giggle:

111-1186_IMG.JPG

Okay, please get me out of here. I've been trying to post a new image and text for the last half hour, but I keep getting the messages below. I can't even delete them. Never had this problem before. Time for the mods to step in. Thanks.

Ooops The submitted message is too long to be processed. Please shorten it.

I'm trying to post something but continually get this message.

Last edited:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The submitted message is too long to be processed. Please shorten it.

Can't post, I'm continually getting this message.

Gluttony. for this I thought of Poldo, I haven't finished, I wanted to try to write to tell Zen that I had been able to publish and if it was a momentary problem it's now resolved, I don't know if Zen can't publish and if he can see whether to use another browser or see if he has to update browser or you can try from phone or other browser to see where is problem, sorry could not post. for another word I thought of Scrooge. copies from drawings there and for chicken, misery reference to make draw

23820A2B-5876-4580-BE85-624F2C136430.jpeg

Wrath

1672923735543.jpeg

Okay, I reduced the size of the picture, again, although it was already quite small. This was a fast and loose pencil sketch I did last year, with no particular subject in mind, and this guy showed up. Don't know who he is or the context, but he's definitely PO'd.

Last edited:
Zen,Glad to see your drawing, I like it a lot
lust, i tried lust, i hope brian doesn't mind that i used the photograph he took. Brian can I use the drawing I made ?to publish it on Instagram, just the drawing, on Instagram I didn't want to post it anymore, social networks do what they want with our data or everything we know ,ok but they engulf artificial intelligence for art (Which I find it harmful) makes me think of using it even less, of using it only to express my useless thoughts, to say that they are incorrect, that they do not ask for permission for data and that they do not indicate if something is made by ai, there is this stuff, always more and they don't even indicate what it is, I thought of using this drawing as a metaphor, above the first elephant write AI, in the elephant below, real art or real artists. ps, I'm not an artist, ok but it's fraud even for those who buy a newspaper and don't know where the images come from and how they make them

1CA3887F-6A1E-4979-936A-EFD640A400E9.jpeg
219822FF-59FA-4D54-94E5-04A370D19A13.jpeg

Terri: hahahahahaha! That cat definitely depicts sloth! (but aren't all cats sloths?) Awesome picture choice for sloth ❤️

I love all the postings here. Fun and interesting. I can't comment individually. (Our Starlink was fried by lightening so typing on phone so not doing well. Ha.)

Back