MONTHLY ART PROMPTS APRIL

Viv

Here is my offering pastels on pastel paper. Love the pictures so far.
2AA37F03-E0E5-49A4-A4A5-FAC33D82D0FA.jpeg

Vivien, super juicy looking tomatoes, that red fairly glows
JennieJo, interesting abstract, I like the way the colours and shapes move through the painting
Anne, what a gorgeous snow leopard, I do love the big cats as subjects. The mushroom look very inviting but the red is a real 'hands off' warning.

On a visit to our distillery I did loads of sketches and took even more photos - so many possible paintings! This is worked up from one of those sketches with reference to some photos for detail. About 8 x 12 ins, charcoal and white pastel over a ground of acrylic ink.

In a row

View attachment 20586
Sue I love all the different textures in this!

Thanks Anne, your snow leopard reminded me I had an unfinished piece - I sort of lost the way on it so put it away and forgot it - anyway I dug it out and decided it was salvageable, amazing what a break will do sometimes.

Lion, (can't remember where the image was from but it would have been copyright free() soft pastel and coloured pencil on Canson Mi Tente, about A4

View attachment 20648
Thanks Anne, your snow leopard reminded me I had an unfinished piece - I sort of lost the way on it so put it away and forgot it - anyway I dug it out and decided it was salvageable, amazing what a break will do sometimes.

Lion, (can't remember where the image was from but it would have been copyright free() soft pastel and coloured pencil on Canson Mi Tente, about A4

View attachment 20648
Lovely, colorful Lion!

Thank you, Viv. I did it on an “oil painting for beginners“ day with a local artist, its after an artist named Edward Seago.

Last edited:
Beautiful Penny. I love your variety of reds contrasting with the green.

Anne

Rainowl, I love your bear. There is such a feeling of action here. He looks like he is poised to catch a fish, just waiting for one to swim by.

Penny, I like your "red boats" painting. There's not a lot of detail but I still feel I see the whole scene. Well done!

Alabama, I like your red abstracts. There is such a feeling of motion in the first one. In the second I like the interaction of the different reds. Both spark my imagination.

Rainowl, I love your bear. There is such a feeling of action here. He looks like he is poised to catch a fish, just waiting for one to swim by.

Penny, I like your "red boats" painting. There's not a lot of detail but I still feel I see the whole scene. Well done!

Alabama, I like your red abstracts. There is such a feeling of motion in the first one. In the second I like the interaction of the different reds. Both spark my imagination.
Thank you, Anne.

Back