MONTHLY ART PROMPT, MAY, 2022

Farmyard, Kye overwintering in the byre, from my own photo ref, A4, pastel on black cartridge.

It's been a while since I did anything with pastels and now I remember why I avoided them on a small scale :eek:

Kye in byre.jpg

Ah! How nice. I like your cattle, Sue. The colours of the railings is nice, too. Pastels are tricky, I think.

Nice Sue. Lovely, colorful painting. I haven't had any luck with pastels the few times I have tried them. Yours came out better than any of my attempts.

joe1lt, I love the sketches. Your lines are very descriptive.

Anne, the purse looks so "real" I could use it. The fruit is beautiful with the flower added. Nice!! The little chicks are fun and well done.

Alabama Jama, your model and viewer made me smile. The yellow sure is eye catching.

Sue, I love your pastel. My favorite medium. Nice perspective and color choices.

csshfl24odd-oval-picnic.jpg

I sketched for the Scavenger Hunt, but thought I'd put it here, too. For the prompt "fruit" on sanded paper about 9 x 12 inches, variety of soft pastels.

Thanks for your comment Jo. I love your fruit. I always admire successful pastel paintings like yours. I have tried the medium several times but I'm never happy with the result. You are a master. (y)

Penny: I love your farm scene. So much to look at and so charming! This needs a frame!
Hostajunkie: I had to smile when I saw your donkey - too cute for words :)
Joe: I like your apple on the colored paper
Sue: Your fruit are so awesome! They really pop and I love the bold use of color
Joe: Love the sketches - the deer is particularily pleasing to me
Ams: Love the purse and fruit. The colors of the fruit really lend a freshness to them. Perfect for a kitchen wall
Alabama: Very cool. Having just the botton of the dress of the model on the top of the page is brilliant! Love it
Ams: Your little chickies are soooo adorable! Another one for the kitchen wall
Sue: Lovely pastel painting. I love the look of that first sheep - such a sweet expression
Jo: Beautiful pastel painting. Love the bold color choices. I always find bold colors give a painting life and excitement - you managed to achieve both

Nice Jennie Jo. I like the effects and the bright feel. There is such a feeling of joy at the sunrise in it.

Back