MONTHLY ART PROMPT, MAY, 2022

Schuee

Create some art that is inspired by any of this month's prompts. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.
All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Here are the prompts for May. Have fun interpreting them.

Fruit

Farmyard

Fashion

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the month, as many times as you would like.
Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompts spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.
For help in finding reference images online, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images.
Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images.
If you have copyright-free images that go along with the prompts that you would like to share, you can post them in this thread for others to use.

If you would like to provide prompts for a month, sign up here.

Penny

Here is one to start you off. It’s in coloured pencils.

A10B3A14-D89A-4A34-9196-881384B48C95.jpeg

Wonderfully done - great composition. Could perhaps use a wee bit of darks about the hooves to "ground" the subjects. I really enjoy haow you manged to handle a very complicated subject. This must have taken a very long time indeed!

Thanks, Joy. I tend to miss out shadows! The horses would be more grounded.

I usually draw quite fast. I think it took a few days of work.

Penny - Thanks for the May prompts. A nd I really like your farm-yard scene. That must have taken you ages in colored pencil!

Thanks for the prompts Penny, love the farmyard scene - it has a sort of nostalgic feel about it that I really like.

Thanks for the prompts Penny, love the farmyard scene - it has a sort of nostalgic feel about it that I really like.
You are welcome, Sue. Thank you for your comments on mine. I’m glad you like the feel of it. I don’t know why, but it seems 1950’s to me!

Wonderful Penny. You have the whole barnyard! What a great assortment of animals.

Great rendition of the donkey Hostajunkie - can fairly hear him braying

Juicy looking apple Joe1it

Fun to see this and contemplate .....

Penny, love the farmyard. Beautiful animals.
Hostajunkie, cool donkey fella.
joe1lt, gorgeous apple, like the texture.

Back