Monthly Art Prompt, June 2022

CaliAnn, I like your fun sketches. The kitty looks so pleased. The cat and balloons as well. Love the Flinstone man. I'm smiling now.

ams: I love everything about this - great subject matter. The wood grain is so well done - super painting!

Wow. you've all been busy while I have been AWOL - my brother is in ICU (in Australia so a long way away) and my aged Mum has needed a lot of support so not been around much.

Alabama - that must look amazing at full size, I saw the pots straight away as we also like lots of plants in pots
CaliAnn - the flying cats made me smile, thank you! A fun Flintstones inspired piece too.
Anne. super wee still life - lovely grouping and great sheen on the metallic bits which all look much cleaner than my tools!

Not sure how much I will get done this month but have a few ideas so hopefully I will find a bit of space and time

More (and last) travel. Pen, crayon and marker on copy paper.

RabbitSuitCase.jpg

CatandAnts.jpg

HoboDog.jpg

Last edited:
CaliAnn - love your travel sketches - beautiful, and creative drawings!!!

Vivien: Thank you!

JennieJo: Love the leaves, it would probably make a great painting. Your surfers are awesome - very cool! Travel to sunshine is awesome! The garden is a super drawing - very organic!

What do you on a cold night. Sit near the fire and sketch something. Very quick, 20 minute sketch. View attachment 22353Some leaves from a garden pic. Derwent pencils, in sketchbook.
Nice Jennie Jo. I like your variation of color here.

Solitude ... sketch from a few years ago.View attachment 22354
Good one for solitude.

Travel ... to Sunshine Coast Queensland ... wait in hospital car park with the dog. View attachment 22355 Watercolour, unplanned, in sketchbook.

I like the bus for travel. Too bad you had to spend time in a hospital car park. Hope everything is ok.

#4 for tonight. Haven't used this sketchbook for a few years. During a break from weeding the garden. Derwent pencils.View attachment 22356
Nice one for the garden. It is so free and flowing. It gives a nice feeling.

You've been really busy. Nice sketches.

Nice Jennie Jo. I like your variation of color here.

Good one for solitude.

I like the bus for travel. Too bad you had to spend time in a hospital car park. Hope everything is ok.

Nice one for the garden. It is so free and flowing. It gives a nice feeling.

You've been really busy. Nice sketches.
Thanks ams. Done over a few years, had forgotten about most of them. :) OK is a relative term. But I'm not too bad

Back