Monthly Art Prompt, June 2022

Sue

Not quite 1st here yet but I'm away early tomorrow so wanted to make sure it was posted in time.

Monthly Art Prompts June 22

Create some art that is inspired by any of this month's prompts. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.
All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Here are the prompts for June. Have fun interpreting them.

Garden

Travel

Solitude

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the month, as many times as you would like.
Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompts spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.
For help in finding reference images online, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images.
Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images.
If you have copyright-free images that go along with the prompts that you would like to share, you can post them in this thread for others to use.

If you would like to provide prompts for a month, sign up here.

Have fun, Sue

Thanks Sue. These are great prompts this month. The wheels are turning already!

Here is a garden..i retouched it a lil prior to this post… might keep working on it throughout the month.. started a lil before New Years this year and after Christmas.. what do y’all think? Would you keep working on it? It is a monster in length. 7ft long and 3ft wide. Acrylic and Spray Paint.. 2022. It seems a waste not to perfect it if it’s such a large work..
CDF19B21-36F4-4159-B5BF-29A1D45BF2CC.jpeg

Alabama: This is sooo interesting to me. I can see the garden plots in this, and some of the shapes appear more organic, which is how I think of when I think of garden. I don't know if you should continue or not ... maybe let it set for a bit and then look at it again?

Alabama, your garden is very impressive. It must be incredible in real life with it that large. I'm not a good judge of abstract art so I can't tell you to continue or not.

CaliAnn, love your cat in the plane. Looks like he is having a nice ride. Had fun looking at your cat traveling by balloon. This one looks more like he is thinking "wooopie!" The third one looks like a scene out of the Flintstones. (Am I dating myself?) I always wondered how they went from place to place...now I know. ;) Great imagination on all of these.

Thanks Anne! I absolutely had flintstones in mind with the pterodactyl drawing (dating myself too :))

Thanks Alabama. I like playing with these type of supplies, can just play and not worry I'm "wasting" good paper, paint, etc. - if I don't like something, no guilt tossing in trash. These are very quick - maybe 10 - 15 min. each

Thanks Alabama. I like playing with these type of supplies, can just play and not worry I'm "wasting" good paper, paint, etc. - if I don't like something, no guilt tossing in trash. These are very quick - maybe 10 - 15 min. each
I like the no guilt approach 👍 I buy from michaels, Walmart, dollar generals and family dollars.. not nice. But I can get so much more than at blick or Utrecht or whatever the big nice store is.. second hand store helps sometimes. When I started out 10 or so years ago I bought expensive stuff and man.. I can’t believe I bought that!! And people say I’m indulgent now… I used to be waaay worse..

Back