last things and other things.

Thanks Ayin.

I made these 3 faces, the red one last week but I forgot the photo.

2022-02-23 10-40_pagina_1.jpg
2022-02-23 10-40_pagina_2.jpg
2022-02-23 10-40_pagina_3.jpg

from life I made these, a pear, and a small figurine, of a dog. I tried digital again a little bit, for the pear and then I tried the drawing of the animals I thought I'd try to color the background, I tried to color manually, I made a couple of different attempts, i had saved this, then i thought about coloring some animals, first moose with digital watercolor, but i couldn't do it so i tried bird with other brushes. I also put the version before coloring those 2 animals. with another background. curiosity, do you prefer the photo I posted 2 days ago, with only colored pencils, or do you think it is better with the background?

animali sfondo colora 2 tentativ.jpg
colorato bird.jpg

The red one is super expressive. I like the recent blue backgrounds but it may be too saturated and need a lighter value.

Wayne, thank you so much, glad you like them, thank you so much for the help on the colors. mo is also useful for any new attempts on backgrounds, maybe try again with a drawing with a face, thanks

Snoball, Ayin, thank you very much for seeing and for the beautiful words, glad you think this and that you enjoyed these drawings, thank you

yesterday I only tried to draw from life, I tried drawing this miniature again, it is the thing I draw more often because for years I have put it in the drawer where I put all the pencils and some sheets.
I haven't tried drawing the hand again for a long time, from the evidence posted in the Snoball post.

paperino.jpg

I don't know where my post went(out into cyber space I guess) but I said that I also recognized Bob Hope and Jimmy Durante. Very good! No matter how you try, sometimes it is hard to achieve a likeness but you have done it. ❤️ ❤️

Joe, Snoball, thank you very much, yes you are right, it's them, glad you found them alike, thanks for encouraging words, Joe, in the profile it's still Durante, but a photo of him younger.

Joe, Snoball, thank you very much, yes you are right, it's them, glad you found them alike, thanks for encouraging words, Joe, in the profile it's still Durante, but a photo of him younger.
I only remember him as older. Really good job on them. You know you are doing well when viewers easily recognize who it is. 👍🏽👍🏽

Joe, Jo, thanks for the beautiful words, glad you think this.

Monday and Tuesday I had tried again to make a portrait with the computer, like the previous one, I had tried these steps, reuse, learn layin.

volto donna 2 linee finit.jpg
volto donna 4colore.jpg

Monday that portrait, yesterday I did not make new drawings.
today I made some, I tried to use the computer again I made these. years ago I thought of using photos in newspapers, advertisements to practice drawing people, or digital, then I never did it again except for a few pages of a newspaper. digital also intrigues me for this, but I had never tried in these 6 years.
in the end I didn't get much drawing on it, and I tried to draw normally, doing these.

in the two drawings, I tried to use, look for colors that I really like, the little dog, I tried to color it, but I don't think it was a good idea .., h

I then drew the tiger.

I like the idea of choosing colors for the pencil instead of black, for the drawings
I think these 2 are the colors I prefer, after all, when I went to buy pencils I was looking for these

es 1donna.jpg
cagnolino1.jpg
cagnolino2 esperimento non riuscit.jpg
1tigre.jpg

Love seeing these digital experiments, Joe! I think that's a really interesting way to practise planes of the face, and your two animal drawings are absolutely wonderful! Your lines with the drawing tablet are looking as expressive and lively as your pencil drawings, and that's a real skill. Great work!

Triss, thanks for the nice words, glad you liked them.
and that you think is good for practicing on faces, I will see examples and try it more often, perhaps with the help of some drawing books that I had bought.
for the subjects, photos, as well as things I have on the pc, I was thinking that I can use one of the forum posts about art, photos with famous sculptures or paintings, there are some posts on the forum where they are grouped together. so if the public does not violate copyrights

Back