last things and other things.

Laika, thank you very much for your kind thought for my mother.

thanks for encouraging words about the drawings.

Best wishes to you and your mom, Joe. I'm glad her surgery went well, and I'm sure she'll value your support while she recovers.

Beautiful work on the last drawing you posted of the calf. I love seeing your pencil hatching, and your animal drawings have a lovely sensitivity to them.

Triss, thank you very much for thinking about my mother, she left the hospital, she came home.

I'm glad you liked the calf drawing, thank you for the kind words

hi, the drawings I have done in the last 10 days
the first 2 sheets were from life, the others from 2 photos.

2022-02-10 22-23_pagina_1.jpg
2022-02-10 22-23_pagina_2.jpg
1.jpg
22.jpg
mucco.jpg

Thanks ,, yesterday I forgot to upload these, I made them last week,

the first page, is one of the few times where I tried to draw without pausing or a photo,
they were images that still remained a long time, can it be ok as a practice?
it's from the show, after life, the new Ricky Gervais series, I like him a lot, this is probably his most beautiful thing, very beautiful, there is his comedy, and he wrote office - .., he is probably among the best comic writers or the best, but this series is a different work, not a cynical one, if it was a movie, maybe it was one of those Oscar movies.

1.jpg
2022-02-05 10-39_pagina_1.jpg
2022-02-05 10-39_pagina_3.jpg
2022-02-05 10-39_pagina_5.jpg
2022-02-05 10-39_pagina_6.jpg

all the others are from photos, so drawn like the other times, slowly, with a lot of time. a couple of photos are from movies but they are photos, I saw them on a site, and I tried some of them.
the newest thing is this design. , on the same site, actually an istagram page, a photo with a sofia loren in the first films of him. I was looking if there were photos of western actors, there were several, but videos, I remembered badly, there was a face, a photo of him, a close-up, so I tried, maybe 2 or 3 hours, in several times, I don't know time accurate, done on a5. pencil 2b

loren.jpg
lorena_2.jpg

thanks Ayin,

hi, yesterday I tried the dog, the second photo is how I left it at the end.
nose and muzzle I always find them difficult.
I hope the second is better overall.
in this drawing I didn't use rubber but I tried to redraw, move different things, like the nose.

the others are digital attempts,
man, I started it when it was released but I just started it, then I got a bit of a fever, and then the program didn't work for me, I picked it up yesterday, maybe a couple of hours,
maybe it was the tentative where I used layin for the first time, sometimes I had opened them but I didn't understand how to help me in the drawing, this time they helped me, I tried to use them as I had seen in the video, to make more steps,
instead elephant I did it without layin. color I added it later, a little by chance, but I was concentrated, practiced above all in trying to draw it.
man, I think I'll try to color it,
so far maybe a 3 or 4 hours.
but I think I will continue it, an attempt at color.

Attachments

• 2022-02-18 10-46_pagina_2.jpg
    2022-02-18 10-46_pagina_2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 2022-02-18 10-46_pagina_4.jpg
    2022-02-18 10-46_pagina_4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 66
  • man senza layin.jpg
    man senza layin.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 80
  • elefante schizzo.jpg
    elefante schizzo.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 75
  • digital wip.jpg
    digital wip.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 71
  • cane ultimo.jpg
    cane ultimo.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 63
  • cane anteprima.jpg
    cane anteprima.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 61
last week I mainly made a drawing, this one, from photos of,
a very funny actor, so I had looked for the photo of him of the character I had met him with, this photo I had found.
jean ralphio, legendary
public now that I wanted to upload other stuff together.
actually I was interested in this drawing, looking at ralphio, and having tried very slowly and to draw as big as I could, sheet a3, I don't remember the time, but a few hours

thanks for see

2022-02-16 10-29_pagina_2.jpg
2022-02-16 10-29_pagina_1.jpg
tizio telefilm grigio.jpg
tumblr_ohn2d2vSWb1vb5nfgo4_1280.png

I finished it, it came like this,
the beard and the eyes, and the chin I wanted to try to modify them again, to change them, to try to fix them a little, but I couldn't, so I leave it like that.
I had not thought that the photo was not in color.
maybe i had to try to color in grayscale or use color photos, i tried this anyway, in color, because i had seen videos, caricature drawings, so i tried to practice what, i had seen,
try to learn something like that, perhaps for other attempts directly in digital, or for the drawings I do in pencil, because trying to clean or color them was something I wanted to try again with digital.
advice for any other attempts,
how does it look better, colorful or the older version? in similar portrait attempts,
better to stop first?
venuto così.jpg

Joe, I'm sorry I haven't been over here to see your drawings lately. I have just now caught up on them and I really, really like them all. You are just getting better and better. I also just read about your mom, I wish her a very quick recovery. I have been through this myself.

Snoball, thanks for the very kind words,
I'm glad you like the drawings, , thank you very much for the good wishes for my mother, thanks for the thought, I'm sorry that you have been sick.

Snoball, thanks for the very kind words,
I'm glad you like the drawings, , thank you very much for the good wishes for my mother, thanks for the thought, I'm sorry that you have been sick.
Thank you Joe, it's been a few years back now.

Back