last things and other things.

That is interesting what is almost common knowledge in the States (Burroughs) can be unknown in Europe. Then again, there are many things I have never heard of before that everyone else seems to know but me. Joe, do you know Charles Bukowski? I know he is translated in Italian for sure.

Hermes, thank you, I did not know this technique, interesting, thank you for having pointed out and described it to me. I do not know the work, literary and artistic of William Burroughs, I will look for some artistic work and light briography, I am reading the biography on wikipedia, there are 2 beautiful portraits that they made of him, it is written that he acted
, it was in Gus Van Sant's Drugstore Cowboy movie, I saw that movie, many years ago, now I remember the movie and the part of him after reading who he played.
good movie even if perhaps disturbing for the emotions it leaves, even the part of him acting was touching.
You are welcome. I am blessed (or maybe cursed?) with a compulsion to make connections. so I thought of Burroughs when I saw the lines on the page. I console myself with the fact that making connections, physically as well as aesthetically, was a central theme in the work of my heroes Charles and Ray Eames.

As for Burroughs, much of his life and attitudes resonate with me. Except for his use of drugs; even in my crazy student days I was never active in the drug scene, unlike many of my close friends.

Artyczar, on Burroughs (and many other artists) I think it is my lack, I should ask my brother, he is much more prepared, I have known David Foster Wallace, I have a book of his that my brother gave me 10 years ago or plus, book about my favorite tennis player, who I liked tennis and Wallace of the Swiss champion had sung, understood and admired the deeds first of all.
I like Bukowski very much, I had heard the story for the first time in a documentary several years ago, but I hadn't read it, in recent years, I recently started reading it (first 2) and you helped me on the books to start with. thanks to your quotes and advice on the forum. actually I have to thank you for Bukowsky.
One writer I've read in the past, the one I've read the most, probably a large chunk of what I've read is from him, and who is still my favorite or in the top 3 actually is American, Phil Dick. perhaps in the genre he is now a better known name after Asimov by me, or in any case for a film based on his novel it is easy to know him and I think they have translated everything.

but yes, I think that various things (I would exclude only the cinema due to Hollywood impact or now the series) very well known in America in Europe are less so and vice versa, I agree, indeed, speaking of Dick, for me it was the film.
But one person cleared customs, gave America literature to Italy.
The classics began to arrive with Heminway and then all or many others, thanks to one incredible person, Fernanda Pivano, in the 50s, 60s translated many novels, the first American novels published in Italy, in the 40s he translated a farewell to arms but the Fascists did not publish it and interrogated it, obstructed it. then she brought the beat generation, another thing I don't know very well about.

Thanks Hermes.
connections, connections I think are one of the beautiful things in art,
you think of an artist and you discover many others,
discover various genres, connections, I think it's one of the things they like about art,
one of the first things that made me want to admire art and draw were the sanguine or charcoal figures of Michelangelo and Leonardo, I did not know Guercino or Del Sarto, so finding the same beauty in their drawings, or writing drawings by masters is discovering new artists or links is cool,
I think it's a blessing,
then it is also beautiful when you start from one thing and find new, different or opposite genres that you like the same way.

yes, I believe that the connection is precious and for an artist it is one of the arrows in his arc, in any case I thank you because the lines, by Burroughs, seem fascinating, certainly an artist worth knowing. He looks really extraordinary and flexible, so I find it nice that there are influences in your extraordinary work, and that fortunately it is not about his demons.
About drugs, I read yesterday, the movie I said,
he has a part of a few minutes but in which he puts his feelings and his experience, it was something he felt
(spoiler, he plays a priest with a heavy drug addiction).

Joe, you are welcome about Bukowski. I'm glad you like him. And I don't know Phil Dick. I will find out about him. Do you know John Fante? If you like Bukowski and Hemmingway, I think you will really like Fante. I like him a little better than Bukowski in some ways. His novels flow better.

Hermes, as for drugs, I had my fill of them when I was younger. I think the only ones I didn't do were the synthetic LSD, and I've never done that Ayahuasca in Peru. I went through pretty much everything else you can think of all before I was 22.

Thanks Artyczar, John Fante, I heard the name as important but I've never read it, I don't know it, thank you very much for the report, I sign it, thank you very much.

speaking of links, I forgot, on wikipedia
on its page

there were 2 portraits, one of an Italian artist but I didn't know, I remembered
Origa, Italian artist, journalist, illustrator and author of comics.
he has founded many magazines, as works he has made many portraits of which of artists. he has this style, I like it, and one of the first drawings I came up with when writing draw Origa is Bukosky

Artyczar then by Philip K. Dick I would recommend
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (Ridley Scott's beautiful film Blade Runner is the adaptation, authorized, unfortunately he could not see the premiere, he disappeared shortly before, he should have been present,) he then became a cult writer, especially posthumously.
His story about him is somewhat reminiscent of Burroughs' for substances, for a long time he took mainly amphetamines, they said biography and TV programs about his life.
Regarding the books I said that I would recommend possibly to know him, Ubik,
or Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
The Man in the High Castle, this one instead there is a nice TV series.
here the premise is that the Nazis and Japanese imperialists won the Second World War.
these are among the first that come to mind and probably the most famous but the biography is numerous and obviously as his first book you can choose the one that will attract you or happen among all

hi, i made this
when I don't draw for a while or I don't feel or don't feel like drawing, with ball point it's more fun and faster (even if a cartoon page in total about a couple of hours)

cartoon copies of drawings, others from photos.

2021-08-11 00-04_pagina_1.jpg
2021-08-11 00-04_pagina_2.jpg
2021-08-11 00-04_pagina_3.jpg
2021-08-11 00-04_pagina_4.jpg
2021-08-11 00-04_pagina_5.jpg
2021-08-11 00-04_pagina_6.jpg

Great drawings Joe. These are especially wonderful! And thank you for the recommendation. I will get Electric Sheep book! ♥️

I love all of these later ones, especially the brown tone drawings. Also the rolly polly Donald and Mickey drawings. Keep up the great practice. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Iain, Artyczar, Snoball, Wayne, thank you, thank you for the nice words.
Artyczar, then I hope you will like the book, I think he is an incredible writer like his sign of him in literature and cinema

that is, the most recent photo is the first, initially I was in doubt whether to continue zamba right but then I considered it finished

Wow. Joe, the old woman biting her hand is so good .. the hand just needs a little more definition .. the fewest lines possible but as is, it ruins a real good drawing. The expression of anguish is a real treat.

Back