last things and other things.

yesterday I tried again some faces with black colored pencil.
I don't know if it's a caricature, I started from the idea of looking for photos of Steve Martin (I like it) and try caricature but then above all I tried to get as close as possible.
then I tried a Sellers face (which I also really like) because the first photos (all photo of steve that i used, that's why he has a mustache and expression ) were of the pink panther and he made these mythical films

2021-07-17 11-09_pagina_1.jpg
2021-07-17 11-09_pagina_2.jpg

+ red and peter sellers I made them trying to make a caricature (about all 5 faces, about the caricature thing and that I didn't just look at photos, yesterday while I was drawing I often looked at some drawings, drawings, comics and caricatures,)

Last edited:
Thumbs up for your mom. Really like the smug look, bottom viewer right, first of the two pictures. Great stuff.

thanks Artyczar.

Saturday and Sunday I made these figures and these 4 faces, face is always Bob's.
chair and bag I had made them days before, I forgot to post them.
Sedia.jpg
2021-07-19 13-15_pagina_1.jpg
2021-07-19 13-15_pagina_2.jpg
2021-07-19 13-15_pagina_3.jpg
2021-07-19 13-15_pagina_4.jpg
2021-07-19 13-15_pagina_5.jpg

hi, I tried these, they are very cute animals (merrkat, I remember the commercial of a series that filmed a family of these, maybe they were talking there, I don't know if it speaks). I tried with the black colored pencil, then I tried another couple of coloring pencils, I was thinking of Snoball's indication on even a few colors.
even if colored with the tip, treading, not technically well and on photocopy sheets I think the colors improve it anyway

2021-07-20 13-05_pagina_1.jpg
2021-07-20 13-05_pagina_2.jpg
2021-07-20 13-05_pagina_5.jpg

- Okay if I place instead of a drawing, a kind of story designed for a drawing or drawings, I would like to ask you if it can be funny at times (if it sucks, I don't mind hearing it, I would use the time to draw, pin this stuff down has me I took time anyway, that day I didn't draw, but not for this reason I wrote, I thought this that evening as an alternative to drawing) or it's just horrible,
, I still tried to make some drawings, the first story, idea I had thought is another, which I did not draw, I drew this one but quickly the next day (using, following drawings of essential explanations for cartoons that I had read, I do not know if I will try again, strip, comic or whatever it is but in case I would try again studying the book by jack hamm on cartoons because I have that book and his drawings are beautiful and there are hundreds of eyes, noses, expressions, so I would reuse that as a guide, that is, then it is not said which result of the drawings is better or nice, and that I wonder if the story gives decent, if I can get an idea or a nice character, experiment was this because otherwise I think it is better to try to draw normally a person or animal than to write, but maybe I explain better another time, I rewrite how I got the idea of writing this and the previous story, in that I tried to play on commonplaces and things that make the protagonist angry then an unfortunate person, here something paradoxical in which I or in any case the protagonist makes absurd arguments. )

Is this the story (let's pretend it's a cartoon), the title
- -the perfect marriage (the title),
Start:
many people say that they don't like going to weddings, they disagree, I really like going to weddings, of course, too bad
for all that confusion, shame about the lunch that always starts 3 or 4 hours late, because of all those caravan rides around the country for hours hours, in circles honking repeating the same ride for hours and hours causing + I vomit that in the worst of the rides (queso I don't know), ok they got married, ok, we got it, it happens, or at least, once it happened, ok, cmq then you arrive at the restaurant with all the other guests, the spouses no, they no, and then you cannot enter, not until the spouses are present and they have yet to arrive and will not arrive before 17.30 even if the invitation reported wedding at 11 and wedding lunch at 13, so waiting of the newlyweds all under a scorching sun that you are in full August in front of the restaurant on a terrace or clearing without any cover and you, victim of insolation and hallucination, beg the waiters (who are all under their umbrellas arranged horizontally to bar the door, also this cartoon) to let you in to find refuge from the rays of the August sun for at least a minute (or at least make you drink a sip of water and there an auction starts among all the diners, the offers indecent proposals for a sip of water, who offers the watch, who comes to offer the car who the lover, who the wife, who the husband, who the finger) but the waiters prove themselves as bad as hyenas and these do not they yield a comma and shout that we must wait for the newlyweds who will arrive soon. However, the spouses do not arrive and half of the guests faint.
Then the bride and groom arrive and you enter a room with air conditioning at -20 degrees below 0 and with stalactites, polar bears and penguins also queuing up for the appetizer, obviously the bears and penguins in the crowd seem to be the ones. only animals with good manners that among others are beating, spitting and insults all to get to an olive impaled on a wooden pole, piece of wood and a coveted and unexpected chalice that you will discover too late that it will not quench your thirst but if anything, it will increase it. Too bad for the spouses too.
Yes, another unpleasant thing about weddings are the spouses, too bad for the presence of the spouses, this is another thing that ruins the wedding.
Then there is the bride's father and his inevitable tears, rivers and rivers of tears from a big man, cries certainly not due to emotion because he loses a daughter and buys a son? Tears are raging because he buys a huge debt and 3 or 4 mortgages and a mortgage on the house.
When you see the bride's father in tears, know that he cries only because he is thinking about how much it will cost him to feed a 50% of guests he does not know and another 50% that he never wanted to know.
Yes, a pity about the presence at every wedding, of the spouses, of the clients and of the bride's father. Without all these people, the wedding would be the perfect day, the wedding would be perfect. and the final drawing is a guy with only 10,000,000 dishes,

2021-07-20 13-05_pagina_3.jpg
2021-07-20 13-05_pagina_4.jpg

in practice at the beginning there are many people who say that he doesn't like weddings, then one, perhaps in the first person, says that he likes them and makes a crazy explanation ..
I wanted to ask you if there is something funny, that works or is horrible (I don't take offense, actually you do me a favor, if it doesn't work or it doesn't make sense I can use the time used for writing as well as for drawings to try to draw normally like the other days)
thinking about something for drawings, I did not draw that day, I wrote this down, days later I did not reread it but I tried to draw it story, because I do not know if I will try to invent a character or a cartoon but in the case I would re-study and use the book by Jack ham that I have as a guide, there are hundreds of eyes, mouths and examples for drawings and a very beautiful style, it is not said that better drawings would come but I would consult that book a lot eventually).
maybe now I rewrite how I got the idea of writing this and the previous story (the other thing I wrote maybe the public if you like, but it is without drawings), in that I tried to play on commonplaces and on the things that make me angry, there in the story the protagonist is good, the unfortunate person (I wrote in the first person taking a cue from one thing, but you can invent a protagonist, a name), the first thing I wrote is almost a story, here, plus a joke, ua absurd cartoon, (either because I really had nothing to think about or because I covertly wanted to say something, point the finger at one's own misanthropy, vehemently remembers that man alone is nothing). I don't think the story is good or funny but the day after I wrote it, while I was looking at drawings on istagram. Yesterday I read the post of an influencer / comedian who says he is not an influencer, nor a comedian but a teacher of life who said that there are too many people and they suck apart from him and the beautiful ones, and a 600 thousand people to comment enthusiastically .
This makes me think that I don't have to look for comedy on istagram and that Bill Hicks is missing a lot and that I have to see less istangrams and review his videos, 18 years ago I met his comedy I took a dvd and looked for the I found it wonderful and over the years I have seen many who have made shows saying his jokes, without accrediting him and ruining them, over the years, however, with the increasingly used internet at least they have translated his videos and now he is quite known I think, I hope. However the stand up did not exist here, it was born in the 2000s thanks to the internet and then with many who tried to bring back the jokes of Bill Hicks and the other greats.
summarizing 3 days ago I did not draw but I thought if I could invent an idea or a story for a drawing, I thought some kind of idea, entitled the perfect wedding, weeks ago, I had tried the same thing, think of an idea, mini story for drawings, always one day that I hadn't drawn but I had an idea for a drawing, a little story, I wrote it a word file, I was thinking whether to publish it to ask if it could be a funny or silly idea, then I didn't publish it, on Friday I thought a different one and now I made these drawings (I haven't invented these drawings since 0, I was looking for a way, an idea also for the drawings and for these I didn't try to invent but I thought then has a way of drawing I read from a little book some time ago,)).
I don't usually write, after then, around the age of 18 and 20 I had tried to write in some agendas, phrases of authors or thoughts that I liked, wrote down, and other diary, my personal thoughts, some ideas, I had hidden these notebooks, but mine father rummaged, read and made a scene, behind my back with my mother also about the fact that I had written, about my thoughts.
I have not written anymore except a couple of times in a couple of periods on requested topics, once on things I liked about current events and social but not in my name, then I have not written anymore.
over the years sometimes I just take notes on things I would like to investigate, things I would like to research, ideas on things I would have liked to do or learn. one thing would have been beautiful,
as a boy I had seen Lo hang on TV, generally I didn't think about learning an instrument but at 15 I wanted to buy a banjo, then I took my only instrument, also with strings but I didn't like it (it was only in a song that I liked I realized then), and it was only to accompany a certain genre that I did not like, anyway without teachers I was not able to try to play, at 20 I would have really liked yang, I had written to look for on this and on music therapy (if that road was passable), I didn't look for whether it was possible or really costing
really too much,
at least at the time or every time I interviewed him I felt that it was an instrument that they only sold in switzerland and a limited number after a selection,
anyway instrument and wonderful sound, and then the percussion is too good, and then it's a flying saucer. Too strong.
really too much,
at least at the time or every time I interviewed him I felt that it was an instrument that they only sold in switzerland and a limited number after a selection,
anyway instrument and wonderful sound, and then the percussion is too good, and then it's a flying saucer. Too strong.

if that road was passable
I have no musical predisposition anyway but these and the banjo are magical

faces of celebrities
the last one (winona ryder) on a3 thick sheet for printers

it had to be as long as possible, trying shading with the side of my old blue pencil, but due to errors in proportions and shading, angle of the head, I don't know if I will continue somewhere to practice shading or I will leave it like this

in retrospect I leave it like this, and in the free parts of the sheet, perhaps later, I redraw some components

but maybe I try to color single part of the face, try if it is better than tip or side, maybe even with other pencils or colors,

Your stories are fantastic. So funny! The drawings are excellent Joe. I love your writing ideas. The wedding story is hilarious. :ROFLMAO:

Back