last things and other things.

hi
I tried these, from police school photos.
i love those movies,specially the first ones with the protagonist Malone. he and all the protagonists of those episodes are fantastic. and these 2 ..
the larger one about an hour or more.1,30 m

. a3 paper photocopies. retried sort of caricature, right now, try these things I find it lighter, encouraging to do

the photo is from wikipedia so I think I can put it without copyright problems or the like

2021-04-10 12-00 3_pagina_3.jpg
2021-04-10 12-00 3_pagina_1.jpg
2021-04-10 12-00 3_pagina_2.jpg
2021-04-10 12-00 3_pagina_4.jpg
2021-04-10 12-00 3_pagina_5.jpg

1618050592141.png

Those are great Joe, have you thought of maybe trying larger drawings? Sometimes we get cramped up doing the smallish ones. I can see from the paper clip that you are drawing rather small. You might find it freeing to draw larger ones. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :giggle: And if you don't like it, you can always revert.

Snoball, you're right, thank you very much, I think I have to draw bigger, actually over time I had also taken something a3 to try to draw bigger but actually then I tried it a little, I use portions of paper also on a4. (maybe the biggest face on this page is one of my drawings, bigger faces)
maybe I have to try in general to use the whole page for a single subject, so slowly get used to it, yes you're right, in case I can always go back to the small one, thanks, I'll try.
in reality it takes me a long time, a lifetime to understand great drawing perhaps because I have not attended museums, seen very little, few paintings from life, sometimes small, so seeing the images, or maybe the comics, after a lifetime I realized that the comic was small for printing reasons, which are often reductions, which maybe too small was impossible, and slowly try to get used to it because even a5 and a4. 5 years ago I found them immense, because my first attempts were, the memories were for drawings perhaps of one or 2 centimeters, very crowded pages perhaps for the press (and I thought they were so), or even the photos of quedri, very small in the press .

thank you very much Snoball

hi, I tried a figure,
copyattempt from an original ink work (it's very nice) has 5 figures of the same woman who is combing her hair.

made with pen.a4
I tried to draw bigger than what I saw, I erased a lot but I don't know how to judge the result of the proportions or in general

2021-04-11 11-10_pagina_4.jpg
2021-04-11 11-10_pagina_1.jpg
2021-04-11 11-10_pagina_2.jpg

thank you very much Snoball, maybe during other drawings I will consult images as help

days ago I opened nib pen that I bought months ago, speedball, use with ink found on newsstands years ago, 2 small bottles (one was open, from the second attempt I threw open bottle and used the whole one, shake a little earlier and with nib baby now I think I can), the first day I couldn't write anything, only scratches,
tried 102 and the big one, 506, the second time with the small one I wrote this sheet, with the other there was no ink left, yesterday I tried 102 again and I was able to use it better, tried another page of lines, so better, I don't know how to use them so i saw and read about it, some use lighter for the first time, melt a seal, for speedball i read that there is no need, so i didn't, maybe i will try other tips over time too, however better with new ones attempts. (only thing, I had bought two refills for toothbrushes, toothbrushes without handle, practically, taken to use them with nib pen, to clean the nib or brush the sheet, I used it for nib but maybe I threw it by mistake I clean only with paper and in case water

I did this too, pillow from the waist and cartoon
(this page with pen strains the index finger), however I like to use it, I have tried copies of normal drawings, but idea of ball point and because I have read and seen it over time, I like the use that people make of it, artists also on the forum (both figures and even cartoons very beautiful I had seen once) and so it's something I'd like to learn I thought, so when I remember I try it.
pillow from life with pencil and sketcheboock approx. a5
Hello everybody .

2021-04-12 14-33_pagina_2.jpg
2021-04-12 14-33_pagina_1.jpg
2021-04-12 14-33_pagina_3.jpg

Using a nib pen is difficult until you get used to it. It wants to draw and is hard to load properly but remember, it is all artists used to have. You could even go back to crow quills. :giggle: I looks to me like you are getting some pretty good marks.

Thanks Snoball, yes true, and yes, loading it is not easy,
incredible, however, how much they managed to do and with very few tools, for so long with a piece of sanguine or with a simple nib they created so much wonder, nice to try, to know these tools.

one thing I wanted to take it for and that can make the stretch vary, that's a good thing to be able to do I think.

this is my set.
peedball Sketching Pen Set - 2 Penholders w / 6 Pen Tips
I would have a much larger bottle of ink,
Pelikan 301051 Fountain Pen 4001
but it is sold for fountain pens, for nib it shouldn't be fine, I read that it takes china or similar for nib, indian .

another curious thing the twigs, directly pieces of wood used in an incredible way.

are the reeds, the tools that the artists directly make, perhaps by taking bamboo reeds, :)
actually it is among the things that they will have used in common for many years

I have an almost identical set that I've had for years. Will look forward to seeing what you do with yours. :giggle:

thanks, I'm glad you used a similar one. then i will update

one thing, before yesterday I saw a movie, Dean, by Demetri Martin,, nice, one of my favorite things and that he was an illustrator, he had made a funny book with his cartoons and was preparing the third book.
In the film, therefore, the real cartoons of him often appeared or some funny jokes to embellish the film which is still a genre that I prefer. the fact of the illustrations was still my favorite thing, funniest moments that there were several funny ones and it went well with the story.
here for an idea
I liked his humor and the use of cartoons, at the first funny joke I came to mind Ian, some of his works, Ian, if you read sorry if I quote you, I say it in a very positive way, you are exceptional, that comedy I find it very difficult and many of my favorite actors even in dramatic roles are the ones that made me laugh the most in comedies. I love Robin Willians. As an example on cinema
I mean that I appreciate your works and Dave Woody's, and staying on the forum, many examples, great people
I mean that making people laugh and knowing how to laugh is another gift that I believe belongs to Snoball and Artyczar, Desforges (idea regardless of art, even your art can be very joyful and fanny), who are wonderful artists (reductive a word alone for such beautiful and powerful art, wow, more than wonderful) and certainly wonderful people.
Thank you

Yesterday I did not make new drawings, today I started drawing with a dog.

Thanks Joe! You have managed to raise my self-esteem to the ceiling! I may have to phone the Fire Brigade 🙂 Your Donald Ducks are specquackular!

i made a nice photo of nice Pug
the sheet has some written pen sketches, I had done them before, I thought that dog and Rick (his toy) would fit on the right side of the sheet (I tried to draw to the size of the photo in the monitor but it made me bigger, but I preferred to draw everything, add the toy too, Rick added it later), thanks for seeing.
the first photo was wip, used a4 and pencil, more than 2 hours, maybe 3 hours, I did it, continued in several moments.

thanks for seeing,

1.jpg
2021-04-14 10-08_pagina_2.jpg
2021-04-14 10-08_pagina_4.jpg
2021-04-14 10-08_pagina_5.jpg

I love Demetri's humor too!

You did great on the pug. It's spectacular! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

I also love the screamy face behind your other sketching. Wonderful.

thank you so much Snoball, Iain.

yesterday i did this.
it was from photos of a couple of actors whose films since I was 4 or 5 years old I have seen thousands of times, the couple of opposites, the odd couple, daredevil and gruff, one very blond and skinny, couple who find each other by chance and end to beat bad guys between jokes like: "Don't you have a purpose in life? Do something ... steal cattle ... attack a stagecoach ... get back to playing, maybe ... once you were a great cheater! But do something."
that was a western, and
yes, sometimes the initial ideas weren't the most noble but then they only performed good deeds and protected the weakest with blows.

2021-04-17 02-15.jpg

Back