last things and other things.

before I had made these, from life, in the notebook (in the one with white sheet)

Eeyore and chair
even spiderman but that was from days before, it was already in the sheet, that is, I always put it in the sheet but previously

2021-03-26 22-00_pagina_1.jpg
2021-03-26 22-00_pagina_2.jpg

and not from life spiderman (even if it would have been nice, even if weird, he saying, now I should go and save the world and I asking him to politely sit still for another couple of hours)

i started doing it (maybe for 2 hours or so), so far i have done this, i have tried many times the head and moved nose. to fix it, or bring the shape a little closer) I changed the size of the photo on the PC and then on the phone.

with the two pages per width I therefore thought of doing it all, while in length, perhaps more than half, half a bust or a little more
I had stopped this page with a clothespin at the top left, this created an orecchietta, I hope ok the same

2021-03-27 00-58_pagina_1.jpg
2021-03-27 00-58_pagina_2.jpg

thanks artyczar ,, happy if you think i am doing useful practice.
Yes, 37 years old, last week was my birthday and also name day (they happen together, some people to save money, avoid a gift if he invents them all, I'm kidding).
I had stopped drawing in junior high following an unfortunate episode that made me less joyful.
Now I'm doing it again, but I liked Draw and I was still wrong to stop then.
so when I turned 20, 22 or 23, I thought I'd try again, then I took a little book on caricatures but abandoned after a few months that I had then decided to resume my studies, I forgot about the book and the pencil that I resumed after another 10 years trying with + continuity.

about 4 o c 5 years ago.
at 28 I started trying to learn how to draw, but for years I wondered if I could really learn, and if so, how, if in a formal way, an official study path or almost or from home (I'm so sorry not to have discovered first wetcavans or a forum like this, not just for drawing,
then I never asked online so however I read many reddit, topics, sites where people asked the same thing, the answers are conflicting, idea and that there cannot be a single answer, I think that many roads can lead to the same goal, but it's easy to lose your way or have to reinvent the wheel), or do it informally,

In reality I am not particularly inclined in drawing, I think that from 0 to 10, I was maybe 5 and putting the maximum maybe 6, I had no real ambitions (I think that for a few days I dreamed of going to the artistic high school but for knowledge (I I liked comics and also Michelangelo's drawings so knowing him would have been nice) the alternatives didn't offer me to start over with new friends after free hatred at school and from my father even though I was fine then, I just wanted to pass high school and then continue studies for a of the things that I liked and that I thought I could do but then this never happened and I don't know why and then at 20/21 things happened for which I started to be terribly ashamed of my appearance and then I thought that by now everything was irrelevant or it would have meant little to me, I know that this is wrong, I am ashamed of my shame and my tears, in any case I was among the privileged, there are those who overcome obstacles unbelievable, or true injustices.
my regrets are not for art but because one of my dreams was to become a speech therapist or similar in any case to work for the social sector (ok also a nurse but I ended up in a really strange place, with too much crap, injustice and approximation, and where you could not learn nothing if not on the field thanks to someone generous with you in the ward and in any case then after 2 years for an exam only I did not get a scholarship that I had just discovered I could have and it all ended, because I was angry with me but also downcast by many things , I asked for the transfer and got it I discovered that I had to wait 6 months to take the exams and that many had to redo them that changed from city to city and I didn't have to continue. in light of what happened in the last year to the world and all my choices, my life I'm so sorry and I think about it a lot but there is no time machine. I'm sorry because if I had continued to draw before moving I was close to a beautiful city a and if I was drawing at the time, I would have had many opportunities to do so and a state of mind that would not have made me feel bad but motivated to overcome obstacles or gave me confidence.
lately I think about this but it's actually stupid to do it.

even if it is in the light of what has happened in the last year that I always think about it (and in the last summer before the covid a letter had arrived that in a few months I would have canceled exams, credits (actually I only had credits and if I did not register but they still had not canceled them which happened after 7 years, I knew 5 but up to 7 years you could re-register by paying a fee for each year not attended,), I'm really sorry because after all it took very little for which I could do something a little useful, I would not have become the person I hoped for but I think I could manage not to do damage, I don't think I am very capable where a lot of strength is needed and in particularly practical things but some tasks those of some departments, in some departments I remember it was good , it is a single job, a single path and in some places the learning is only in the field but depending on the department it is a completely different job. (and some miserable false signatures do not go I therefore almost never do the internship and this is one of the things that hurt me because I was trying to do things seriously and this became a disadvantage for an absurd day but sometimes these things happen and but I could not ascertain it, like that of the internship or copy, suggestions, but I understood it from the drawing, in the drawing you don't have to compare yourself with others but with yourself, I just have to try to do better than I did yesterday, everyone is different, has their own baggage, skills , if you commit yourself even if it goes wrong you can be at peace with yourself as long as you continue, do not give up that it is important and it is everywhere, I did not do it in important things, the problem is that I understood this rule of the game and then I would like a new game and more
more difficult, to play it better this time but I arrive late. however for the practicality and variety of the thing if I finished the 3 years I could like it or not, I could be able or not, this I don't know but, most of the time I was actually in love with that job and to be able to do it one day but final episodes left me drained so maybe that's better I didn't do that. I just think that maybe I was not completely hooked but sometimes you get stuck and certain things hurt, maybe you mess with things, you fall in love with wrong ideas or as humans you are wrong, I stopped drawing because I was a middle school teacher he gave us homework, drawing favorite cartoon characters and drawing at will, drawing was only one hour a week.
in that hour the teacher assigned tasks for the following week, one day he assigned to draw comic characters that we preferred and another drawing at will, for a couple of years I loved drawing afternoons at home, drawing comics, so I was happy (but not so much for votes, those up) above all to be able to draw and what I loved to do, doing what I like I find gives a boost in everything but the result was that after a glance he threw me drawing saying that I could not cheat him, I had not been able to do them myself those drawings and there were mocking laughter. that hurt me and I stopped, but now I think the problem is that the
drawing was one hour only one hour a week, this is wrong, you would not even have time to try or to always be well prepared. besides the boy who laughed at me, he tried to beat me every day (but he had a bad family situation, after many years I understand that sometimes you feel displaced and or you take it out on yourself or with others, the Italian teacher he had told him you go wrong make a mess and move him and me, telling him do like him and we advance to the first bench and since then he tried to take revenge when the literature teacher went away, sometimes it happened) and in that class we were a little abandoned to ourselves but it is a long story, indeed, I have already written a long story in 2 messages that did not fit, sorry Artyczar.
can I ask you a courtesy, I wrote these two messages in base
to regrets about my past, about my mistakes and even some unfortunate moments, perhaps, but in any case they are only useless regrets, I wanted to ask for courtesies, but without haste but if you can then you can chase them away and leave just the answer to your question that it was absolutely legitimate and I was pleased

'
thanks artyczar ,, happy if you think i am doing useful practice.
Yes, 37 years old, last week was my birthday and also name day (they happen together, some people to save money, avoid a gift if he invents them all, I'm kidding). '

Coincidentally, 37 was the exact age i made an irreversible life change, and would regret it, well, until recently. But if it hadn't been for that... upheaval...I may not have discovered the potential in other areas...

37. I wish you a belated happy birthday and best wishes for future endeavours.
I wish I was 37 again. Then again...

Your drawings are coming along nicely Joe, and I'm glad you are putting them in a sketch book. Now you will have them all together so you can flip through them any time. (y)

Iain, thank you very much for your good wishes and for your words.

Snoball, thank you very much for the encouragement and for the directions on the album. thanks .

new drraw.

before continuing that drawing, I thought about trying the face again, using a page to draw it bigger, so as to re-practice it, redo the parts that I found most difficult and its shape, before the other faces.
I took a couple of pictures before finishing it because I thought I'd try to modify something again, I think the nose and the chin.
the last 3 photos are as it is now, they are the same photo, except the lights (the color of the sheet is darker than the previous photos, so I re-photographed it).in the photo it looked gray, but is more yellow
I thought I considered this design finished like this, except for suggestions, maybe I tried to continue the dress.

the reference is always the same, I was only looking at it from the phone, looking only at this part that I had enlarged as much as possible

2021-03-28 11-41_pagina_4.jpg
2021-03-28 11-41_pagina_5.jpg
2021-03-28 11-41_pagina_2.jpg
2021-03-28 11-41_pagina_3.jpg
2021-03-28 11-41_pagina_1.jpg

perhaps it took a time similar to the previous one, canceled a lot.
I think the faces of him (or anything about him) are very beautiful but difficult.
maybe continued that I'll try other for a while but I'm glad I tried it, thanks Snoball

Joe, thanks for your answer, and a very happy birthday to you! I feel I can understand you. I admire your strength in coming back to art if not just to keep your mind and heart in the best place for your life. I sometimes think art is our saving grace, like medication for an illness. It helps us survive the worst and brings out our best.

I also think your last drawing is fantastic. It's so well done with careful attention to its beautiful detail.

The face turned out great Joe. That is a difficult angle. You could even go in now with that white pencil and bring out some highlights. Bravo for keeping up the practice. (y)

Artyczar
thank you very much for your good wishes and kind words.
thanks also for what you said about art, it's nice to hear, read what you said, thanks. actually if I think about seeing a work of art I think it is as you said.

you also reminded me of one thing, last year I saw a recording of a show by a wonderful musician who at some point in the show said something very powerful, he said, if life is, or has become bad, very difficult for a musician for some reason, even at the worst moment his instrument,
playing will sweep the clouds, give him something beautiful, maybe there was some reaction, then he said, I love my life, but what I said is important, that's it, and I think he said other words about art, music, about love he felt or that they had been life and salvation for him.
the words he used were different and what you said helped me to write but this is the summary.

glad you liked the drawing, thank you very much.

Snoball, thank you very much, glad you like it, actually even the inclination is something that I have tried several times, it is a tilt that sends you haywire, no, in general I think it is something challenging.

the white pencil is visible only in the third last photo, I don't know why, maybe in those 2 final ones there is more light and you can't see it, but actually it didn't stick so much, I can try it with another one or maybe the chalk, I had only tried with the white pencil faber castell, I think it is oil, then reusing albums I take pencils so I also try the rest so I have another indication for other drawings. I hadn't thought about the bianchino instead (white pen), but ink and pencil seems strange to me, maybe the one for ink drawing is needed, but maybe I try on the edge of the page or maybe I even try it.

in the last few days I have drawn this,

to exercise from life I had made (this shell and bottle, in addition to the sphere.

thinking about comics and an exercise I had read tried a little shading with a woman's face and with figures, but also with markers, to highlight more and because it is half fast. (it was evening and then I hadn't drawn anything)

2021-03-29 15-55_pagina_1.jpg
2021-03-29 15-55_pagina_2.jpg
2021-03-30 10-48_pagina_1.jpg
2021-03-30 10-48_pagina_2.jpg

hi, I tried to redraw Eeyore, to try to color it with the 3 markers, the red green and yellow, which are easier to use.
I then thought that maybe it was better or easier with other skin colors too. I also used the gray marker and pens.
I tried to redraw ka figurine like the other times, but to color I tried, and looked in the meantime I tried some photos of Eeyore with colored figures or plush.

2021-03-30 23-05_pagina_1.jpg
2021-03-30 23-05_pagina_2.jpg
2021-03-30 23-05_pagina_3.jpg
2021-03-30 23-05_pagina_4.jpg

Thanks Snoball, I'm glad you like the faces (I also prefer the first ones, this marker has the softest pen and after the first few times, for these faces I find it more pleasant to use. I can't be more precise but it's fun to use it )
glad you liked Eeyore, thanks.
I did this from photos
. the distance of the eyes known only now that I look at the PC
a5, mechanical pencil.
about 35 minutes, or 50 minutes.

2021-03-31 13-10_pagina_1.jpg

Back