last things and other things.

grazie di cuore, felice che ti piacciono,
in realtà hai scritto tutto perfettamente, tranne una cosa,
volevi scrivere 'PIACE! '(piacci è l'unica parola errata, 1 sola su 10 o più., non male . dai,:)
grazie ancora

:ROFLMAO: Well, I can't spell and I don't know any grammar, and I can't speak fluently. I usually speak by just translating words from English to Italian, so I sound like...

Questo come io parla Italiano. E tropo e male a, visto? Perche io no conosco que fa! LOL!

no , dai, alla fine non è male come dici , a parte che suonava in un modo simpatico ,perchè comunque si capisce, (che è la cosa più importante )alla fine l'importante che ti eventualmente possibile comunicare e farti capire ,

e poi credo che può essere solo apprezzato il provare a comunicare con la lingua del posto. poi la fluidità verrebbe con la pratica.

I haven't had any opportunity to practice. I haven't been to Italy in over 20 years and I have no more Italian friends :(

I had an Italian partner for a time. He spoke no English really, so we spoke this odd language of broken Eng/Ital. I also lived in an Italian community after I got back from Italy for about a year and was able to get by.

When I came back to Los Angeles, I started taking Spanish lessons and that only totally confused me and made my Italian worse. Like how carne is meat, while cane is dog in Spanish LOL! Stuff like that.The languages are too close. I'd use Italian words with my Spanish and confuse everything. Trabajo is work, but I'd say lavoro...No one knew what the hell I was saying!

yes, I meant that fluency would take time, practice,
not speaking for some time Italian the fact that he can read it and make it understood I think it's a beautiful thing, and possibly there is also Spanish, then really with English and Spanish I think it covers almost the whole globe, you are covered with language, with communication and this is very important.

hai ragione sullo spagnolo,
questo non potrei tradurlo neanche volendo... scriverei in maniera più incomprensibile del solito .

ricordo che da piccolo vedevo un programma dove dicevano che per parlare spagnolo, bastava aggiungere la s alla fine di ogni parola ...
per dire la somiglianza delle lingue....
poi che non era vero in realtà della s l'ho scoperto che ero già grande... ma questo non lo diciamo .pensavo di conoscere lo spagnolo invece parlavo in italiano ma aggiungevo la s alle parole. che fregatura .che delusione. :)

I also agree that you said about the confusion about learning Spanish and Italian together because with the sketch I was trying to read more, it often happens that text is in English especially in English, forums or books, I had taken 4 books, a couple taking advantage of a offer, some terms that I am trying to learn I read them both in English and in Italian, so when I try to remember them or I don't remember them or in the other language ...

I add last things, something a little funny I hope.
I tried the first caricatures a little.
it was something I had been thinking about for some time.
it's one of the things that fascinates me.

first photo is taken 3 days ago. all 3 faces are the same face that I had tried normally (this https://creativespark.art/threads/last-things-and-other-things.136/post-1167)

These yesterday.
I think I'll try again but maybe in the future,
I think I will try again normally.

ese are in pencil, in my memories they are made in felt-tip pen or more sophisticated in color.) how do you like them?
I made them in pencil but some time ago I thought I'd try it in ink.
Maybe when I try again

Last edited:
2020-07-09 18-09.jpg
2020-07-10 03-17_pagina_2.jpg
2020-07-10 03-17_pagina_1.jpg

Artyczar thank you very much,

yes, the hand from life, only the hand. (sometimes I try to draw it)

the figures always from photos or videos,
in the last year, almost always references of croqui caffe (free, possibly accept donations)

Mybenartist, thank you so much, I'm glad you think this,and if you want to draw then it makes me very happy.
Apart from your drawing that I saw was gorgeous.

Better than my pencil work. The last one is lacking in proportion but some of the lines have a real good feel to them. If I concentrate on one line in proportion to the last line I made and I forget about drawing the figure it seems to go better. You will find what works for you.

Enyaw, thank you very much for seeing , for the words kind of encouragement and help. and for the ideas on line .it's something I have to try more,

Tuesday I tried with the pen. ballpoint
I made an a4 page with a black pen. this.
ultimately I'm rethinking, trying to use the pen for more time
longer, more often

(it is a tool that has always fascinated me particularly and the beautiful snoball design (2, actually, kennedy is fantastic too) reminded me that pen is one of my favorite mediums).
sometimes, in the past I tried photos of people quickly (like 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2), but usually, to use it I try more lines or scribbles than objects and figures.
the numbers, the order in which I made them, were different photos from the croqui website.
this time I tried to use it always with the figures but more slowly after I had seen the beautiful pen drawings of xie-kitchin

2020-07-15 14-08.jpg

Thanks for the mention, glad my drawings inspired you! Interesting to see the difference, although I think the line quality between the pencil and ballpoint are similar (I think I said I've noticed that's generally the case in my thread). I especially like the figure in the upper right corner. You can really feel the expression in her body and face. The head below her is nice, too.

Xie-Kitchin,
Snoball,
I sincerely thank you for seeing for the very kind words. i appreciate it very much. and it's a positive surprise.

until 2 years ago I had never shown any drawings (after I stopped drawing the first time, at 13 years old)
, I didn't think it would be nice to see them, much less to artists that I admire a lot.

so thank you very much for your patience to all those who have seen even a single drawing of these.

in this case I used a ballpoint pen, with these the socket is closer to me than the pencil.
with thinner tips instead, when I tried I kept it more vertical for writing.
it was actually funny but different, posture was uncomfortable.

Back