last things and other things.

Maybenartist,
I'm happy, thank you very much for your kind words and advice.
I think Leonardo Da Vinci's work is beautiful. (he and michelangelo are among the first artists I started to admire)
will be one that I will try then.

one of the things I always think I'd like to learn to draw for is also being able to study the masters (although before trying the first time I postponed this for a couple of years), the artists and the works I admire.

to try to improve and at the same time have an opportunity to admire, spend time with something I like.

ps: On Leonardo's drawings (which is actually something that I had thought but then I had not done or little) I have a doubt, if by shading, since he and left-handed and I am right-handed I can try to follow his verse (even if maybe I'm tempted to take a strange position of the barricade to do it) or if I should use the traits of a right.

actually in most of the drawings I don't do much shading even if it's something that I try to improve, but I want to improve line as well, line drawings in fact is something I really like.

I was going to say that focusing more on construction/modeling might help a lot w/your figures. Da Vinci and Michelangelo are both experts at modeling/chariscuro, so great artists to be looking at.

I hope you don't mind me posting this quick copy sketch I did a while ago. However, it seems we're on the same wavelength regarding artists.

leon.JPG

Xie-Kitchin thanks for the advice, I will follow him.
for at least a couple of years I had almost always tried to use construction,
in the last year I had tried a little to change or use much more than the first measurement.

Maybenartist. I'm glad you published it.
thanks
Ps: I like it, you did a very nice job.
(then I like your tastes about artists,
seriously, their works, in all the media (lately it had occurred to me that one of the things that most leave me breathless is the statue, probably the most famous work by michelangelo and I had therefore sought to see it again the photos of the sculpture, of Michelangelo's pity, incredible) they are so extraordinary.
already what they call sketches, drawings, perhaps preparatory drawings I find that they are already some great masterpieces that I love to admire.
they are therefore among the things I prefer most, their designs, or among others also those of Pontormo, drawings of Pontormo are other designs that I like so much, these I discovered them more recently but I think it is another great one.

, Artyczar,

I fully agree with you, it's a wonderful design, so I'd gladly take credit for it :p
unfortunately I can't
it is the work of Maybenartist who, speaking of Leonardo's works, the studies of the masters, kindly showed, precisely one of his works, a study by Leonardo.

for a typo you wrote Joe :)

(I write so that you can give Caesar what is Caesar's and take this opportunity to thank you so much for the wonderful work you are doing for the forum and for taking the time to see my drawings anyway. I take advantage of a big thank you also to Snobal for this)

x Maybenartist
yes, of course , sud Italia, Calabria .

ps: very nice the effect it created with charcoal pastel and chalk

Thank you, Joe.
I've never been that far down in Italy. One of my favourite places is Lucca, however, I like touring the small villages around Tuscany, plus the cities and towns there. Rome holds wonderful memories for me. My late father in law was from Napoli, a wonderful man. When he first invited me to a family dinner he asked me how I would like my pasta? To which I replied "on your plate Alfredo", he laughed and it broke the ice, we became friends.

I'm sorry to cause confusion by posting an image in your thread, please forgive my lack of protocol.

hi Maybenartist,
don't worry about the images (I'm glad you published here and I think they are all happy to see this work of yours and it doesn't matter where you posted it), there is no problem to publish images in existing thrads,

indeed personally I find it useful and very nice to come across, maybe in posts where you can admire works by different artists on the same subject or similar subjects. see different different styles, interpretations of the same subject,
or maybe as learning it can be useful in a thousand ways, giving ideas, maybe you're stuck, or stimulating also on approach, materials.

You said about LUcca, I have never been to Lucca but I would like it, I think it is splendid, on the occasion of the comics fair on TV they sometimes show some glimpses and it is very beautiful and there is so much to see.
All of Tuscany is wonderful.

The anecdote of your father-in-law is nice (I'm sorry he isn't there anyway, he must have been a nice and very nice person, nice way to break the ice).
Naples, beautiful Naples, I think it is one of the most beautiful cities in which I have been.

buona domenica :)

Sorry about that Mayben, (and Joe) for my typo. Let me formally congratulate Mayben for the excellent work. 💫

2020-06-13 22-50_pagina_2.jpg

the first one an hour the second half that I did without thinking.

this from photos the day before, maybe 30 minutes or an hour
colored pencil orange.
finished like that anyway I think it was useful and fun to do it

2020-06-13 22-50_pagina_1.jpg

I especially like the shaky and varied line quality of these drawings... especially the second one. I also like the pose of that second drawing... which reminds me somewhat of drawings by Klimt and Schiele.

Artycazar , Stlukesguild

Thank you for seeing and for the nice words.
But I owe you an apology.
Sorry Stlukesguild
Sorry everyone, I wrote badly, I didn't explain or write what I just thought of writing (this time I didn't reread when I published, sorry), I meant that those drawings were my first attempts to copy from Schiele. From his 2 drawings.
(I'm not able to do anything like that or get a little closer to it)
They are Copies from a master,
in fact I would have liked to put the originals but for the first time I tried something as an istangram subject (there are so many references to her so I was looking at them and days ago I said, I try one 1 or 2.
but usually I don't try on istangram because the images are small there is no enlargement,) also I don't know how to link them in the forum if on istangram and I don't know if it would be allowed by the istangram rules so it's something I avoid.

in the first drawing I tried to correct, to make it as similar as possible,
on the other hand, I copied the second drawing faster, correcting less and doing
the lines in the way that was easier for me.

I wanted to write this.
in summary, the orange pose and the lying pose and the donkey are from photos
While these figures from sketches,

the 2 portraits of the girls from photos, the man and an attempt to copy, study, by a master. hands and other things from master drawings.

Back