last things and other things.

Brushes used for ink are usually liner brushes in different sizes. A liner brush has long soft bristles so it will hold a lot of ink for making sweeping lines. Fine details sometimes require tiny brushes with shorter bristles but are usually better accomplished with a pen.

Thank you very much for the clarifications and clarifications on the brushes.

and thank you very much for the link, it is very useful and clarifies that too, Snoball thank you very much.

I really like ink for illustrators and cartoonists who I really appreciate.

some for a long time, I liked comics so much since I was little, others,

many cartoonists and illustrators I actually discovered them recently, maybe I didn't remember the name if I had seen something,

one of my favorites, she is dana gibson, i have seen his works in the last 2 years, i did not know him before, i think he is fantastic and it was one of the things i have idea to try ink for, so i would love to learn this medium, at the time I saw them I had thought of trying all his designs. I had this thing.
then I actually only did one or 2.

ink and engravings (by the way, the article that you reported snoball as well as explaining many things suggests that in fact, who knows today many works with what means they would be made, I forget that the pencil was not there before, or the pens, but inkwell, engravings etc.) I often don't distinguish them so I think they are both beautiful (so if I think of ink works that I have admired, there are things, artists of whom I have perhaps seen photos of plates.), in reality the color I think is something more charm, about the things to admire, chiaroscuro and ink
they are the ones I like to practice, so speaking of drawing. art is splendid to be admired in every medium.

different
I don't remember if I had posted it, (maybe I had thought of doing it but I hadn't found the photo but it was in a folder where I had put the copy attempts, I didn't make a lot of copies, especially at the beginning (it was that I wanted to do, one of the main things, but one of those that I tend to put off that makes me feel guilty towards artists I love to do, for blasphemy or whatever) I initially thought of keeping them,)
in the first posts I also posted things made a year ago,
this maybe not,
this was an attempt I had made (about a year ago) trying pen after pencil, usually I don't do it or I find it very difficult, here, I had tried several times, with a long time.
those from 2 were the last.
I have not tried other copies of it, other times, like the plant ink under pencil and it is particularly hard as a thing. (the first perhaps was not first in pencil, first in pen and posted on Wet I recommend to prepare with pencil first)

2090575-2019-11-28_11-48_pagina_2.jpg
2019-12-12 16-05 2_pagina_2.jpg

pen on a4

thanks snoball, I'm glad you think they are good.
thanks Artyczar
I had just copied these 3 Gibson Girls and I have a folder inside a folder inside a folder etc etc (titled link artists and artists to search) with links to his other works and some images that I saved directly.

These are all very good Joe, and I'm still loving Tom and Jerry. Those, along with Calvin and Hobbs are my favorite cartoons. 😊

Snoball, thank you very much, I'm glad you think they are good,
happy to hit you too Tom and Jerry, it's a fantastic cartoon
, and so Calvin and Hobbs, I didn't really know this, maybe some cartoons but I discovered it especially a few months ago for the forum,
it is also funny and beautiful, then I had looked for other cartoons (AND I HAVE TO KNOW HIM BETTER) and an interview, article about the artist, which told a little about the story, the characters.

Actually Hobbs is a real tiger to Calvin but when Mom or Dad are present, he is a little stuffed toy tiger. There is a lot of wisdom in the strip.

( here, he got screwed / fregato )

I did not know, I did not understand that for parents it was a soft toy.
yeah, very nice.
these works seem to say many things with fun.
I was struck by the relationship between 2. the daily moments ..

https://calvinandhobbes.it/wp-content/themes/calvinhobbes/img/striscia06.jpg
oppure bella anche questa per la fantasia , il suo carattere in questa striscia

i made these

These I made with the pen, red pen that I had for more than 10 years, almost whole, is the model of the black one that I said I preferred to bic for writing. I also had this red one.

Initially I was thinking about caricatures but here I think it's more sketching because I tried to be as realistic as I could.

Earlier I had redone this cartoon page.

In red pencil I retried these from a book I bought over a year ago brigman,

I wanted to ask you ,

In your opinion is this color ok? Colored Watercolor Pencil

stadler, color dark sand (color I've never heard)

actually I was thinking of a dark blue, of another brand, not watercolor, but I had seen it long ago, now it didn't fit and then I tried this

you like it, it's not sanguine (I really like sanguine, I was wondering if it's ok as an alternative, I thought I'd try them looking for some new pencil (for safety, maybe with less charcoal powder or some pastels) and this color was there and not it cost a lot)

They are watercolor pencils, I used them dry.

Dog is from reference on firum WC (to help me, however, I made the photo in black and white), made last night in about an hour, with bic pen.

I don't know if I messed up too much on hatching. Shading is among the things I need to understand better. Improve but I think I like it here.

on similarity At the time of this I had not noticed, Seeing now my face maybe I have lost it, snout I think.

That is to say for similarity, I don't know if I took it but I think I like the result of this design.

Fruit was drawing from life.

Then I tried these caricatures again

Snoball, I got these, nib (and caricature book too, I just couldn't resist, I was glad to have something of MOrd Trucker, unfortunately recently passed away. Many of his works were for mad magazine and this is a collection of 30 years of cartoons on star wars, so there are also his works I thought, I haven't read the book yet, however it collects many cartoons, various artists, various styles, maybe I practice for English.)

I'm glad to have taken them and then try nib, I think in the next few days, maybe I will reread, review for use and maintenance

I prepare a box to put spikes, I don't know if they should always be removed, but maybe I always take it off and put it in the box after running water (since I use it at home I think I do this and use a wipe like glasses for I had read about an old toothbrushes, now I don't have it, maybe, I think it would be convenient, just remove the brush but cut plastic, I don't know if I'm capable, better whole eventually)

sorry for the chat, thanks for seeing the drawings and for the help and encouragement received

Tom e schizzi lent_pagina_1.jpg
2020-09-24 21-45_pagina_2.jpg
2020-09-24 21-45_pagina_1.jpg
2020-09-24 21-45_pagina_3.jpg
CAne penna 1h.jpg
Tom e schizzi lent_pagina_2.jpg
2020-09-25 11-51_pagina_1.jpg
2020-09-25 11-51_pagina_2.jpg

Attachments

• 2020-09-23 16-53_pagina_1.jpg
    2020-09-23 16-53_pagina_1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 89