last things and other things.

now i have done this, about 2 hours or 3 . figure from foto . cc
if I can, I would ask for advice,
I don't know if it is more useful to make a drawing like this or better to practice as I usually do, (usually I don't try this for the same reason, doubt, it is to make longer attempts if I improve the shorter ones)
that is, I don't know if I was wrong to try this, to stay longer on a drawing, to try these means,
I thought I would make a pencil and then a pen. I thought in a couple of hours.

doubt and whether to leave it like this, or to continue it tomorrow as I said at the beginning, shading or pen.
Or leave it like that. Another doubt and whether to try again figures like this, soon, or at least possibly better try again in the future.
in practice I never understand if the result is worth it. I believe that
I find it particularly difficult to evaluate one's attempts.

this is also different from how I usually do. for what I said, and also how I put the paper
Thank you
2020-09-15 02-43_pagina_1.jpg
2020-09-15 02-43_pagina_2.jpg

are 2 photos at different times because I had done the first and then I had continued

I can see you spent more time on this one and it is very well done. The proportions are good and the hand is excellent. 😊 I think there is value in both methods. Your quicker practice is embedding in your mind the gestures while the more intense drawing is showing the results of all your practice.

Snoball, Bizzibee,
thank you very much for seeing and the nice words.
I'm glad you think that, thanks.

I think that face, that is, that I will leave the figure like this,
and I think maybe I'll try to go through it with a pen or marker,
I find it more difficult to pass the pen over the pencil (sometimes I tried it, other times I gave up, however it intrigues me,) than going directly,
so I think I could try this again, practice this, also because having photographed the one in pencil if I smear, I spot too much, it doesn't matter, however I photographed the one in pencil.

that is, even if with ink you cannot try again mistakes (and as shading I think it is something complicated to do and learn), I do it calmly, in the sense that maybe I finish it when the sheet is covered by a huge puddle of ink ... or I will give up at the first hint of ink,
or by finding a compromise.

thanks again, i will update.

When you spend more time on a drawing, you are always learning something and it is like having been there. You are learning about the essentials . What is closer, what is behind under and over. Then you can play with the source of light. Your drawings become like your signature. Well done, Joe.

I agree with snoball regarding your felt tip lines Joe. I think they're wonderful. Maybe with the nude figures you're being more precise because they're real. I still like everything you do and enjoy visiting this thread.

2020-09-17 18-15_pagina_3.jpg
misti.jpg

the things following the previous messages were the hand and these, from photos and from a branch👋

single pear,

and then it’s a small box with 3 pears, a lemon and then mini peppers and mini round tomatoes and a clove of garlic. (maybe chaos, signs and sight). lemon.
as a child I loved eating lemons, yes, that kind of big lemons (I think more than that), I cut them, salted them and ate them …).

today on the news they talked about the fires in part of america and also about the flood, I'm sorry, I hope now better and all well.

pere.jpg
2020-09-18 23-12_pagina_2.jpg

thank you very much Snoball,, I'm glad you say that, thank you. thanks Desforges.

about trying (I think shading in general, and), to try to learn ink, to try it more I wrote that I was trying to buy nib,
which was what intrigued me,
I was in doubt, then I thought no, now I'm thinking yes again.
I think I will take it in the next few days (when I see for a phone case I would like to take the opportunity to buy things by design even if in this I try not to overdo it but sometimes I overdo it with notebooks, etc)

that they are intriguing me this, I think about this which also has the measure 102 which is the one I had read about
since now I have curiosity for nib,
I think this can be nice to try, have
Speedball Sketching Pen Set
QUALITY HAND-CRAFTED PEN POINTS - Contains (6) Pen Points (No. 99, No. 56, No. 102 Crow Quill, No. 107 Hawk Quill, No. 108, No. 512)
INCLUDES TWO PEN HOLDERS - Includes (1) each No. 102 Crow Quill Pen Holder and Standard Pen Holder
I believe this, seen at about 13 €, (I like that there are nibs and where to put them, in others I read about sometimes they were apart and I didn't understand well and in other entry level maybe reviews were + discouraging)
ink I thought maybe what I have.

Caricatir rture_pagina_1.jpg
Caricatir rture_pagina_1.jpg
Caricatir rture_pagina_2.jpg

yesterday I tried the caricatures again, with pen (the thinner ones, made in the last sheet) and felt-tip pen
the order in which I made them is the other way around, they are page 2 and page 1 in that order.

about to try (snoball, seeing this maybe you will change your mind about the good one you wrote, although I hope not)
I had first tried black watercolor together with the pen.
seriously speaking, I messed around a bit (and didn't really know what to do), trying to get back this drawing, but funny.
Acqua.jpg

Love your caricatures and I really like the expression on the lady in the drawing, she looks very intense.

thank you, thank you, I'm very glad you like them.
I appreciate it
thanks for links and tips, yes i want to follow tutorial, try to understand better, use it, practice what

NIb intrigues me because I believe that with these I would have all the dimensions, I can try the features I see,
be able to try various strokes, lines sizes.
often refer to nib, ink drawings, nib or brushes, (or pens, fineliners)
brushes are perhaps something more complicated, important for maintenance and type of purchase
, I did not understand if those for acrylic, or watercolor are the same good for ink,
or for ink maybe you need certain materials to manage them well or not to get ruined in doing so.
I have to look better on it, understand,
seen in photo e
I read about a model that is used by some artists so just for ink, Windsor & Newton Watercolor Yohitsu Series 7, small sizes are used.
as brushes I had only taken one set, rather inexpensive, it is written for acrylic, and Deco,
actually taken because I was looking for something for the first drawings with coal (at first I thought, I was trying coal as well as graphite), I was looking for brush
of convenient I wanted to clean the sheet from the rubber residues and
(hard ones I don't know how they are prepared for the first use, maybe putting them to soak or under water for a while),
I don't know if maybe it is also acceptable for ink, to try, in any case, I wouldn't ruin something precious.
but I thought I'd take these nibs if they're not a bad idea, what,
so to try these too and cover more tool sizes,

and if I don't find myself there, never mind, I tried and there are always the pens that I started using, that I started to know and would continue to try.

Snoball thank you very much for the advice and encouragement and links, you really helped me a lot.
(also before the forums, I would have thought it impossible that someone would have wanted to see even one of my drawings, so that artists that I admire a lot have seen the things I do, it's something I hardly believe and encourages me a lot, thanks to everyone)

Back