last things and other things.

hi, I made these, (from photo), tried again with a caricature-like marker, the first pages I made quite slowly.
this time I argued a bit about finding references and positioning the sheet,
then instead I found several photos and I continued even longer than I thought.

I would ask for advice if possible
I often don't think about keeping what I do,
and eventually I also have little space and a lot of chaos, so I think to keep (also because without, I can forget what I drew, half, etc) above all photos, but I was in doubt whether to keep one or two pages of these, they are double-sided, these ( even x type), some I thought maybe so.

I save them or to the guillotine, (joke, trash can, etc, differentiated)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

thanks, for see👋 t

Great practice on the faces and the last set you posted had some really great gestures. Well done Joe.

David ,in the last week I did everything I had published apart from this one that I had to photograph,

(2 photos because I'm not sure which one looks best)
David, not the real one, it would be strange since I drew it from home, in Florence then there would be only a copy so,
and then it is a bit exhibitionasti but above all he would also be angry about the house, he is also used to it very well.

mini bust of David, about 15 cm, taken a year ago, looking for something to draw that didn't cost much, then I took this.

David ply nero.jpg
Davidagina_1.jpg

Nero - from the Latin, meaning "stern". Joe, with Nero, the closer your drawing would come to realise his likeness, the less people would like the drawing. In other words, you would have succeeded.

"His reign is usually associated with tyranny, extravagance and debauchery". Just a normal political career then.

thanks Snoball, Ian and Artyczar.

Snoball, yes, I think it is because it is not the original, so it is satisfied with little.

Ian, interesting what you say about similarity.

I think what you say about politics is strong and true (unfortunately).
you reminded me of a song that I like so much,
maybe it will also intrigue others (separate text is very ironic and has a very cheerful, funny rhythm)

Ian talks a little bit about this,
maybe you will like it, maybe you will find the text interesting.

in English it doesn't fit.
I found a French version that I publish.

Encore heureux que ce ne soit pas Néron

Comme elle te faisait peur à l'école
Parmi les leçons à apprendre
L'histoire d'un empereur
Qui était pour tous une terreur
Alors, you disais yourself:

Don't, don't, don't

He, the commandait le monde entier
The tenait tout le monde sous sa main
L'histoire dit peut-être la vérité
Qu'à la fin, the ignites the cité ...

Don't, don't, don't

Et aux fêtes qu'il organisait
The y a avait le beau monde et même lui, jouait
Les autres à la porte sans protester
Sinon il augmentait les taxes ...

Don't, don't, don't

Pourtant, au fond, the savait y faire
Et pour les distrraire des choses sérieuses
Chaque dimanche, the envoyait tous à la fête
Au stade pour les fun ...

Don't, don't, don't
Don't, don't, don't

it was always pretty crazy, and the look was always Dylan style, harmonica guitar and drummer, I always remember them.
therefore it always presents itself in a rather crazy, characteristic way.
Brilliant artist.
I don't know if Maybenartist and Artyczar if they have read previous post they have ever heard it. long live mom and cat the fox most famous songs.

While he began his career as a musician, singer, studying architecture, landscape architect, I hadn't noticed it without reading it but
the one on the cover was an alternative project of his that he put on the cover to raise awareness among young people, public opinion, on connections, decentralize, importance of the city region, involve.
I remember that I have been following his music for some time but
actually I didn't know (even I remembered the cover and some songs where he mentioned it and some important words about his mother) that he was an architect and also a draftsman and painter, he did some exhibitions (seen photos of a few years ago and I liked also the theme). what I read and saw a few years ago.

Neapolitan artists, his brother is also a well-known singer, but he is another genre, dialectal.

I tried a small stuffed animal, it's a stuffed animal that had a bag with chocolate on its back.
it's dog plush, German shepherd puppy.
days ago I washed 2 plushies that were in the cabinet, but I think I didn't wash them well they burned my eyes a little after drawing

2020-09-01 23-19_pagina_1.jpg

thank you very much Snoball, now ok eyes, drawn yesterday, just for safety at least for another period, maybe for safety with charcoal I prefer not to try again. about 3 years ago I was using it, starting more with charcoal than graphite

Artyczar
thank you so much

sorry I wrote wrong, I meant I don't know if they have read the previous one or will read this, but maybe they might know this singer or one of his songs.
Yes, you play drums if I'm not mistaken.
in recent years I have noticed that many artists that I love, have talent for multiple artistic disciplines, so I start to think that there is correlation, artists who were or are also in music, or artists like David Lynch, or remaining at the greats of cinema, of recently on wetcavans, at the beginning of the year, I was looking for posts on the figure, on an artist and it turned out that Gene Hackman had been a student of his, and good, then I saw some of his works.

there will be correlation between this and also in the media, by Moschetto some of the most beautiful sculptures I have ever seen but also work in other media, drawings are incredible.
or I could mention a certain Snoball but I won't ..
I joke, that is, for example the dolls, Snoball, you, Desforges so you know how to sew, use materials for fantastic works of this type, which is different from drawing painting, so there is a ductility, creativity that comes out in different ways .

it is a more complex topic than me, however, one thing I think and that it often happens that a person who is fascinated by an art may probably have an interest in at least another art, then perhaps he will not actively try it or will not excel in both or more as in cases I mentioned but I think they may like more things for similar reasons.

Obviously not being able to play anything I should ask myself some questions but I think I will not ask myself and I will continue to draw.
as for the musicians, as mentioned before, I have an older brother, about 10 years older, in practice he was my hero,
by the way he played, plays a stringed instrument, did not take lessons (actually he did it a few years ago) or studied music but he always did it in some group, he was brought into music, I remember having him draw only one time (so I don't remember moments when he talked about drawing or that he was often doing it except on one occasion but I remember what, therefore he could do it), but it was with the first computer, with the mouse he made the character of a cartoon, I think, perhaps without reference, what I remember and which was very similar, and I also remember a label in a case with a very nice pen drawing.

My brother is talented too, for guitar, music, math, and the sciences. he is one of the best guitar players I know, but he is very technical without much "feel." He has some, but he could use more style. He got lessons as a kid. I had a few guitar lesson with him too, but I always wanted to play drums, so once I was able to, I studied drums and music instead. I never formally studied art though. Or writing.

Thanks for the reply.
the drums, I remember once, when I was about 10 years old my brother tried me at his rehearsals one morning, I remember stuffing garadge with egg boxes and the drums, of all instruments, it was the only time I tried it, fascinating instrument , nice to hear that.
once I took harmonica but did not learn it

mathematics, even my brother at school had an ease with this. even with the themes (in the end he did nothing of all this or scientific but type historical, prehistory, but here ..)

I liked this (and above all sceinza up to middle school, then science is no longer done and in middle school (but in general) he was the best teacher) but up to middle school mathematics, where there were expressions or things in which there were no so real formulas to remember, I like sudoku but besides I start to struggle but above all I complicated my life and in the last 2 years apart from not being rejected I didn't care, on the contrary I was looking for the edge of the ravine thinking school would only serve to go against , or to push away, to respond in some way to those who had done and hurt you and seemed human or did not consider others as human beings.
however writing.
write, around 20, 21 years old,
I wanted to start over or really start, this time with my head, with something I believed in. or at least that could then offer some chance. maybe both

one of these that I loved was writing, writing, I loved writing (even if it doesn't seem like it, certainly not in English ..). Doubt and if it was something I could become capable of. I liked, intrigued, word, creative writing (which I think is something with various branches, which maybe can allow you to discover other things)
I had once read about the existence of creative writing, so I looked to see if national universities provided for it.
it was not there, I think it came out later, as a master, at least initially, then I have not seen it again, it may be that they made various changes over the years.

probably I would not have tried it anyway, for other reasons, vicissitudes, fear or omnipresent sense of guilt I would not have tried the same in the same way however he was attracted to other 2 or 3 things that possibly were there

Hey Joe .. that was a nice song .. Hendrix did a version.

Anyway, Joe, I was looking at all the faces up above and what I found really intriguing about them was the expressions you captured.
Those are great drawings. I never realized that expression is so connected to the white of the eye and the pupil.

Last edited:
I've been writing since I was 12, since I knew how (not well, of course), but I wrote poems and short stories. I always liked creative writing. When I was 18, I took a creative writing class at the community college and got kicked out of it because I walked out before class was dismissed, but also because the professor did not like that I was a Bukowski fan and my writing (at the time) resembled his. I was also a smart-ass. Maybe. In my own quiet way.

I learned most of my writing stuff at the public library where I escaped and read a bunch. I was friends with the librarians there. At home, I wrote on an old Royal typewriter that weighed as much as a Cadillac. I'd hoist it up on my drawing table from the floor when I wasn't painting, and plop it back down when I wasn't writing. I used that thing until I got a word processor in my 20s.

Back