June Animal & Wildlife Challenge

Thanks, Viv. I hope you are able to join in. I’ve sketched something with my left hand - its rather childish but I will post it.

Sorry to hear you have a fractured hand Penny! Hope you recover soon!
I have no laptop computer, so can't print the refs off to make art from. Im going to have to paint from the small image on my phone! Not easy but I'll give it a try. Will see how I get on.
Sorry to hear your laptop isn't available. Working from your phone is a challenge but I'm sure you're up to it! Hope you get your laptop back soon.

I've just finished mine. It's not easy sketching off the ref on my phone but I'm quite pleased with the result. No word yet about whether my laptop computer can be fixed or not, but if it's going to cost too much to fix, it may not be worth it!

Mine is almost finished but I'm not satisfied with it yet - it needs a
considerable amount of 'livening up' 😬!
Cheers,
Patricia

Mine is finished and ready to go.

I've just finished mine. It's not easy sketching off the ref on my phone but I'm quite pleased with the result. No word yet about whether my laptop computer can be fixed or not, but if it's going to cost too much to fix, it may not be worth it!
I can sympathize. The images are pretty small on the phone.

I know what you mean about your laptop. After a certain price point, it's not worth fixing. Good luck. Hope you have a computer again soon. We just had to replace our smart TV for the same reason. When we figured it would cost more than half the price of a new one to fix, we decided to get a new one.

Good morning everyone - it is Monday 20th June here today in NZ so here's my entry for this Challenge.
Ive painted the giraffe in pen & Ink and PanPastels in my sketchbook. My laptop computer is being repaired, so I had to draw from the small image on my phone.
20220618_111818.jpg

Anne - He's great! I see mine has a much longer face than yours! Maybe my drawing skills are in question? Ive stretched mine out somewhat! haha.....obviously decided mine wasnt tall enough! like them both.

Viv - Terrific giraffe ! I'm amazed that anyone could use the tiny image on a phone !

Anne - Great giraffe , he has a lovely expression.

Cheers,
Patricia

Well, I'm glad I didn't pick the giraffe, as you both did such a great job!
Vivien - Hard to believe you got such an excellent result on a small reference! You really are skilled with those pastels.
Anne - Wonderful and fresh looking! I always have trouble overworking, and sketchbooks are usually not the best paper, so kudos!

Well, here is mine. I am still attempting the Derwent Graphitint pencils, with mixed success. I added an ink outline, which I have never done before. This is A4 sized, on Hahnemühle grey toned paper.

32A6E0F1-92D6-4C5D-9AC5-833431F4E29F_1_201_a.jpeg

Vivien - awww love those eyelashes on your creature :)
Anne - great facial expression on your critter :)
Joy - well done on this animal. I find antlers are tricky due to some of the points coming towards me.

Here's my contribution. Approx. 5x8" each page. Ink and marker.

animals-june2022-01.jpg

animals-june2022-02.jpg

Sorry the images are so large. I see an error in the skull on my giraffe. Sigh.

Cheers,

EP - I always enjoy your style!
Penny - That is excellent for your non-dominant hand, as many would be happy to have their "good" hand work that well! I thought of you when visiting a Marks & Spencer recently in Hamilton, Bermuda. This was my first time in one. Imentioned to the staff that it was also referred to as "Marks & Sparks", but they had never heard that before!

Vivien: Your giraffe is adorable - full of character and life!

ams: Wonderful giraffe also - can't beleive the life can character given to him - super

Joy: Lovely and loose painting, really love the expression in the eyes

EP: I LOVE your drawings - super cool!

Penny: Beautiful, bold, vibrant colors - I love it! Amazing you did it with your non dominant hand - awesome!

I still hope to get one done by month's end sometime. We have renovations going on here - they're supposed to be done by tomorrow. I sure hope so, getting sooo sick of the noise and mess... ugh!

EP - I always enjoy your style!
Penny - That is excellent for your non-dominant hand, as many would be happy to have their "good" hand work that well! I thought of you when visiting a Marks & Spencer recently in Hamilton, Bermuda. This was my first time in one. Imentioned to the staff that it was also referred to as "Marks & Sparks", but they had never heard that before!
Thank you very much, Joy. How interesting! Marks & Sparks must be a peculiarly English thing. 😁

Vivien: Your giraffe is adorable - full of character and life!

ams: Wonderful giraffe also - can't beleive the life can character given to him - super

Joy: Lovely and loose painting, really love the expression in the eyes

EP: I LOVE your drawings - super cool!

Penny: Beautiful, bold, vibrant colors - I love it! Amazing you did it with your non dominant hand - awesome!

I still hope to get one done by month's end sometime. We have renovations going on here - they're supposed to be done by tomorrow. I sure hope so, getting sooo sick of the noise and mess... ugh!
Thank you very much, CaliAnn. I’m pleased you liked it.

Penny - yay happy bug (moth?)
Joy - thank you
CaliAnn - thank you
Thanks, Ep. Yes a moth - a cinnabar, perhaps. I will have to look it up. I love the names given to moths.
The other is a Tigermoth - which the aeroplanes are named after.

Thank you very much, Joy. How interesting! Marks & Sparks must be a peculiarly English thing. 😁
Yes, but Bermuda is British Overseas Territory, so I thought it odd that they did not know what I meant.

Back