June 2022 water media challenge

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Contributing Member
I've messed up. Posted these images in the wrong area, so am posting again here.
IMGP1140.JPG
IMGP1570.JPG
IMGP2950.JPG
IMGP1586.JPG
_IGP4224.JPG
IMGP2158.JPG
_IGP4981.JPG
IMGP0993.JPG
IMGP0586.JPG
_IGP4235-ACTION.jpg
_IGP5152.JPG
IMGP0565.JPG
_IGP4022.JPG
IMGP1102.JPG

Well, that was easy - I already have an old oil pastel effort of that same kangaroo! Can't remember why I started with that wide blue outline, but anyway, ink and oil pastel on rough student watercolor paper.

Thanks for hosting, JennieJo!
Edit: Sorry, I just noticed this was in the June Watermedia. Oh well, there was ink and water-soluble OP involved, so... But feel free to remove, admins.

roobush.jpg

Last edited:
Well, that was easy - I already have an old oil pastel effort of that same kangaroo! Can't remember why I started with that wide blue outline, but anyway, ink and oil pastel on rough student watercolor paper.

Thanks for hosting, JennieJo!
Edit: Sorry, I just noticed this was in the June Watermedia. Oh well, there was ink and water-soluble OP involved, so... But feel free to remove, admins.

View attachment 22172
I was sure I had shared it somewhere, but couldn't recall where. Love him.

I was sure I had shared it somewhere, but couldn't recall where. Love him.
Thanks JennieJo :) IIRC, it was water-soluble oil pastels ,and that blue ink, with a regular white oil pastel for the those foremost grasses to try to hide the fact that I'd made the base of the tail too thick:LOL:.

He's probably legit as watermedia, but I think I'll do another one to be definitely fit and proper!

Thanks for generous comment, CaliAnn!
I started thinking out loud in my sketchbook with a fountain pen last night and ended up with a totally blue ink-and-wash kangaroo, which was an unexpectedly pleasing doodle, so maybe there's a blue kangaroo in the works 😁

A beginning - Tuffy the dog.
IMG_20220607_094020_1-01.jpeg
IMG_20220607_093107_1-01.jpeg
1. Version two layer 1 cheap WC on textured A4 WC paper. 2. the first plan. cheap WC on smooth A4 paper.

JennieJo: I love when people post on how they approach their paintings, I find it fascinating, as we all seem to have different approaches. Can't wait to see more!

JennieJo: I love when people post on how they approach their paintings, I find it fascinating, as we all seem to have different approaches. Can't wait to see more!
Me too. That's why I do it, and just in case I don't finish it in time. Hoping to get out my almost cheapies today for the next layer.

I like Tuffy thus far, JennieJo! And I'm still determined to at least crank out a fresh kangaroo :)

I actually love Tuffy how it is now. It makes a nice abstract, but I also agree about seeing these pieces in progress. I love seeing this process. Thank you. :)

I actually love Tuffy how it is now. It makes a nice abstract, but I also agree about seeing these pieces in progress. I love seeing this process. Thank you. :)
I am very tempted to stop now. Luckily I am really busy for 3 days so I'll have plenty of time to ponder.

It's a cool 'roo, Lamar, and I think it is just fine here, very adorable.

JennieJo, your puppy looks good so far and could be finished at this stage.

I'll try to start mine today....doing a two day show in another state and nobody is buying art right now.

Kay, that is superb! I was going to do something similar, but that is just so perfect. Looks good on toned paper. I have the same and am having difficulty in deciding what to do on it.

Wow, KKay, very well done! That photo overwhelmed me with its detail and complexity, but you waded right in and came out with a stunner!

Back