June 2022 water media challenge

JennieJo, I'm slow here, thanks for the photos. Good for you for starting the dog.

laika, Lamar, the kangaroo is perfect, even looks happy.

Kay, your palm is beautiful and graceful. Full of action and spice. Hope the show went well. You always find time to paint!!

I practiced a little with my watercolors in a Canson watercolor sketchbook, 9 x 12 inches. I used the waterbrushes. The background would probably be more even and not so streaky with regular brush so more water wouldn't be added in as you go. I love red so chose the leaves. Anyway, I am happy to get a wc done for here.

cswcjune-leaves.jpg

Last edited:
Jo, Your Ti plant is beautiful - it looks like it's on fire with life! I love the contrast of the hot reds and oranges with the greenish-blue background. Well done!

Thanks for commenting on mine.
Jo, your ti plant is really full of color and brightness. Keep doing your wc's and you will see it becomes easier.

CaliAnn, I really like the bright colors. Makes me happy.

Lamar, thanks. Contrasts are good. Thanks so much.

Kay, thanks for encouraging my watercolor practice. It will make my daughter so happy.

Better late than never?
I may yet add the little tree, but for now i'm posting a brand new 'roo :) And it's definitely 100% watermedia. I may also attempt Tuffy at some point.
Pen, ink, and watercolor on the kangaroo. Water-soluble oil pastels, water-soluble wax with dry pigment, and Ceracolors white wax paint for the background.

Tarkus:

roo.jpg

Thanks for the comments, CaliAnn and Jo! This one was a lot of fun!

Better late than never?
I may yet add the little tree, but for now i'm posting a brand new 'roo :) And it's definitely 100% watermedia. I may also attempt Tuffy at some point.
Pen, ink, and watercolor on the kangaroo. Water-soluble oil pastels, water-soluble wax with dry pigment, and Ceracolors white wax paint for the background.

Tarkus:

View attachment 23055
You got the attitude perfectly. "And what do you want, now that you're in MY paddock?"

Back