Fall Tree

16ga

Finally did another one from one of my own pictures.
9”x12” on canvas board.

Anything else that it needs before calling it finished?
20210218_121454.jpg

I think the tree looks a lot better then the last one I did at this size but I'm still not sure if I'm happy with it or not.

As always critisisum, opinions, advise and tips are always welcome and appreciated.

Very nice. I never know when to quit, I'd probably put some longer grasses or bushes in the foreground and a couple of birds flying in the sky. :giggle:

Very nice. I never know when to quit, I'd probably put some longer grasses or bushes in the foreground and a couple of birds flying in the sky. :giggle:
Thanks Sno.
I'm thinking about adding more detail to the grass but I'm afraid I'll mess it up.

Its a mowed hillside. To the left over the ridge is a wooded area which creates the shadows across the grass

Great shadows, very nice job. I think that I would also add something on the left to distract, a touch of colour to remind (rappeler) the colour of the tree.

I can just about feel the last warm rays of the day before the evening cool sneaks in.

First I’m just going to say its been a long year and I'm falling behind on a lot of things. So sorry for not updating right away.

But thank you all for the comments.
I’ve been looking at this one and decided to leave it as is. Right now its better then most of the paintings I did last year so I'm happy with it. I agree that that some improvements would make it a great painting but I don’t really know how to go about what id like to do within messing it up and with everything else going on I've decided to leave it as good enough.

Good plan! I recently pulled a few paintings from years ago. After studying them, I made changes that I'm very happy with.
Best wishes for your journey!

Back