Coming Attractions

Bongo

Based on a street photo I took years ago of people waiting in line to see a movie.
"Coming Attractions" - oil on 15" x30" stretched canvas.

coming attractionsX.jpg

comments welcomed

I really like how you feature people in your work. They are very interesting design elements and you know how and where to place them. This is so good! Superman has never looked so patient.

thanks Donna.
I really like how you feature people in your work. They are very interesting design elements and you know how and where to place them. This is so good! Superman has never looked so patient.
this scene existed for one-hundred-twentieth of a second in the year 2006.

Coming Attractions SP.jpg

I modified it to fit a 1.5 format and changed the "Wicker Man" and "Apocalypto" posters basing them on two 40"x30" paintings I had made previously:
EMP.jpg
CheckMate.jpg

"EMP" stands for ElectomagneticPulse - a devastating new-age weapon
and "Checkmate" depicts a nuclear bomb launched from a submarine. --

Two potential real-life "coming attractions".

I’m glad you explained that. I’m so out of it with movies that I missed the connection to the scary stuff.

I’m glad you explained that. I’m so out of it with movies that I missed the connection to the scary stuff.
Oh, those are NOT from movies - they're paintings I made up and I'm using them AS IF they were posters for movies.:)

Cool!! I love the top painting, as well as the ones you modified to make the "posters" from. It's all great fun, imaginative stuff. Love it!

Back