Weeping Beauty

Bongo

Revisiting an old theme of mine and an old medium(acrylic) too.

"Weeping Beauty" acrylic on 15" x 30" stretched canvas.

weepingbeautyAA.jpg

comments welcomed

Oh my gosh I hope her mascara doesn’t run! This is so good in so many ways! You are putting those acrylics to very good use, Bongo!

Thanks Donna.

So, in light of recent events, Weeping Beauty could take on a new meaning - two beauty queens resigned Miss USA and Miss Teen USA. and there was something about a "secret message" embedded in Miss Teen's resignation letter.

Also seeing your painting posted gives you a fresh perspective, and I realized that it would work better if I "popped"a two balloons

weepingbeautnew.jpg

Focus is now more on the girls than the balloons.

For those using PhotoShop to make reductions - the following might be of interest --
I've been having trouble making good reductions of picture files to post, especially when the background is black - the outlines of the figures kept breaking up- and the smaller the reduction the worse it got. I discovered just now, when reducing - to use bicubic smooth, NOT bicubic sharper. - Also glare is magnified if you use bicubic sharper.

Last edited:
I figured there was more to this story. Good call on removing a couple of balloons - there are still plenty to add interest.

Wonderful painting! I really love the format, colors, and subject. AND, of course, your style and hand. Always. ♥️

Nice one, Bongo! I find groups of people really difficult, but you've done so well. Each figure has their own attitude and little story. ❤️

I agree with Terri, groups are quite difficult, but you've done well. ❤️

Back