Blue Scuti

Bongo

13 year old, Willis Gibson, aka Blue Scuti, was the first person to "beat" Tetris by reaching the Kill Screen - a point where the Tetris code glitches, crashing the game.

"Blue Scuti" oil on 12" x 16" canvas panel
bluescuti.jpg

comments welcomed

I like this a lot. The kid really accomplished something cool. You captured his look very well. Applause.

It's a VERY cool capture, and that background makes it. I love the brush strokes and those glasses. You did a great job, and your style is ever-present. LOVE! ♥️

Jo, Joe, Ayin thank you!

Didn't realize the lenses were different sizes until after it was posted. How could I not see that before?
An undocumented feature of the forum is the distance and perspective it gives on your work, albeit after everyone sees it. 😑

I like this so much and of course we don’t see any problems until after we post our work! I kind of like that the glasses aren’t perfect -I’m guessing this boy might be a little quirky too.

Fantastic work! Don't sweat the glasses - I'm here to assure you that if you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have noticed. Your overall skill and style is what gives this one life. Well done!

Great portrait - I really enjoyed this story! I like how you did the background. I never would have noticed the glasses. 🙂

Great portrait - I really enjoyed this story! I like how you did the background. I never would have noticed the glasses. 🙂
Thank T.

One newscaster sort of blew off his accomplishment and said maybe he should spend more time outdoors. I'm not a gamer - in fact I don't own or play a single computer game. But I thought that comment was in poor taste.

One newscaster sort of blew off his accomplishment and said maybe he should spend more time outdoors. I'm not a gamer - in fact I don't own or play a single computer game. But I thought that comment was in poor taste.
I agree with you. And I'm someone who spends a lot of time outdoors - I've also spent a lot of time playing Tetris. It's possible to do both!

Back