Ciga News

Bongo

For reference, I used a photo from my street photography - taken many moons ago.

"Ciga News" oil on 15" x 30" panel
Ciga News.jpg

comments welcomed

Last edited:
I really like this one! The arrangement of figures against the storefronts works so well in the long format. The lime green is a nice punch of color!

Wow! All those different human forms, postures and colors - did I say Wow? I meant WOW!!! Love your browns and greens in this one. Terrific painting, Bongo!

Joe, Donna, Kay Terri - thank you!

Across the street was an odd group of disparate gestures and spacing. I raised my camera but one had bolted threatening the symmetry. I held my breath hoping, waiting for order to re-emerge, then in a split second as the man passed the pillar - click. And it was over, my finger raised from the shutter, entropy had prevailed, the scene dissolved.

Now these years later I made "Ciga News" a painting. What was fascinating as a photo - that this happened and was captured in real-time -- can seem as contrived for painting.

You're welcome. :) I know you meant it as a compliment, but if you don't mind, please watch the gendering. I'm not a miss.

Back