City Subjects

This photo may not appear to be a city subject, but it was taken on Church Street next to the World Trade Center. It was dark evening, and I was part of a mass of commuters trying to get home while avoiding the horde of buses and taxis that were crossing our path of escape from the city. Halfway across Church I saw a penny embedded in the road. After making it safely to the other side of the street I decided to get a picture of the coin. Taking my life in my hands I stood in the center of the Church Street and captured the picture below. It's one of my few best sellers.

Luna (2015)

View attachment 20619
That's quite a different take on "street photography"! Nice!

--Rich

Thanks - I don't believe this is a silver gelatin print as I get my photos developed at CVS. It had been recommended to use matt finish prints (which take a few days for delivery) as opposed to glossy prints which are usually ready in an hour.
Is Marshall's still in business? They're the ones who made oil paints to color B+W photos. They also had colored pencils to do the same thing. But that was quite a while ago...

--Rich

Is Marshall's still in business? They're the ones who made oil paints to color B+W photos. They also had colored pencils to do the same thing. But that was quite a while ago...

--Rich
Good question! They seem to be in business but there is a market for there old stuff on eBay.

I needed to go into the office this past Thursday. A rainy day but an interesting opportunity to use the moisture to my advantage. I took a plethora of photos going to work. Here are a few that are micro focused on minute details that are rarely noticed by people walking by.

Globe
IMG_7401 3.jpg

Chapel
IMG_7391.jpg

Fool's Gold
IMG_7380.jpg

Back