City Subjects

rcleary171

I shot this one from the hip on my commute home. She was shooting a glamour model near Wall Street. I like photographing professional at work. I try to capture their energy and their style.

IMG_E0940.JPG

Luck plays a large part of my photographic effort. When most companies go public the top executives like to have a photo op in front of the New York Stock Exchange. I came upon this scene on Wall Street and had only a moment to get a single photo off before they dispersed. This reverse group shot where you don't see their faces is one of my favorite pictures.

IMG_E0858.JPG

Untitled - this could be categorized as a collage. As I wondered up Broadway, I photographed graffiti and wall bills. I did not realize till I reviewed my work that I had a common theme with the different faces. I like the final result after layering the three separate photos into one. I may also call this derivative art.

123.JPG

A nice collection of shots! I really like your reverse group shot. Street photography is fun, and I imagine using your cell phone helps you maintain a low profile to help get the shot.

You have a great eye! My favorite is your first shot. All very good though. Keep shooting. I wish I could take as many great shots with my camera!. :)

You have a great eye! My favorite is your first shot. All very good though. Keep shooting. I wish I could take as many great shots with my camera!. :)
I’m lucky to be commuting through New York, a very photogenic city. And having a good cell phone at hand to capture these fleeting scenes when they appear. Thanks!

This photo may not appear to be a city subject, but it was taken on Church Street next to the World Trade Center. It was dark evening, and I was part of a mass of commuters trying to get home while avoiding the horde of buses and taxis that were crossing our path of escape from the city. Halfway across Church I saw a penny embedded in the road. After making it safely to the other side of the street I decided to get a picture of the coin. Taking my life in my hands I stood in the center of the Church Street and captured the picture below. It's one of my few best sellers.

Luna (2015)

Adrift.jpg

Back