Christmas Trade 2024

PaintBoss

Contributing Member
I was wondering, who would be interested in participating in a Christmas trade this year? It’s September now, so it should give people quite a bit of time. We would aim for cards to be received by people by December 1st give or take, with postal times. We have found after that everyone just gets too busy with their Christmas plans. The rule is not to post your work until the recipient has posted that they have received it. It’s always a fun time and exciting. Lots of anticipation! We get to know each other and friendships are made while we share our progress.🙂🎅🏻
Hope you will join in the fun!
IMG_0471.jpeg

Last edited:
I am interested but need more details. I don't normally do trading cards so I would need to know what size. How many cards would need to be made by each participant, or would we be paired with only one other participant?

I'm interested for sure. Before it gets too busy let's get this one rolling. Usually card exchanges I've done are either the 2.5x3.5" standard trading card or postcard 4x6" sizes. Paint one card for one recipient.

Since this is the art trading card forum the size is 2.5 x 3.5 inches. Any medium. Christmas or holiday or seasonal theme. It can be a winter scene or it may be a holiday beach theme if it’s that time down under! I know Australians and New Zealanders like to spend Christmas with a barbeque and going to the beach!😉
Well, how many need to be made depends on how many people are interested. If we have a stampede, I might have to break it into two different groups for ex. But first we have to see the level of interest. I would let people know before they decide. But first we need to know who would be interested. I’m not sure how fast I’m going to get responses, but I’m going to see how many we get in a week. If we have enough, I will close sign up and make the plan and let everyone know. If hardly anyone has responded, I’ll give it a little more time and then let you know.
All my trading card experiences has been doing between 8 to 12 cards. One for each person in the group. And even those times we were not confined to the smallest size we could go up to 5 x 7”. This time it will be the smallest size trade as this is a dedicated forum for that. One painting per person. Now if someone had circumstances where they couldn’t do them all, they could make copies and give a copy out to each person in the group. We’ve always started this time of year and we did fine in the past. If you’re faster, you can work and get them sent off earlier.

Last edited:
This forum is really just for trading card size 2.5x 3.5”, so I was going to keep it at that size. But we could make it your choice. From that size up to 5x7”. So you could do sizes anywhere between too. Kay had mentioned doing 4x6” in the past.
So, let’s do that.
Card size will be your choice up to 5x7” maximum.
I will restate all the updated details in a week when we have our numbers to start.

Welcome Sanlynn!🙂

Last edited:
l definitely want to join in! I had such a good time painting on Fuumuui 100% cotton 9X12" block for the September Water Media Challenge that this will be a good excuse to use the 100% cotton Fuumuui 5x7" blocks I ordered a couple months back. Since 5X7 is the size I've used most due to lack of space considerations when I lived in the fifth wheel, I'm used to it. I have a lot more room in my new place but still haven't gone bigger till now. The 9X12" for the September challenge will probably be my maximum size even for the new place.

Today is the last day to let me know if you would like to participate in the Christmas trade. So far we have a small group so you will not be expected to do a great number of cards. If interested, come onnnnnn down! 🙂

Hi,
It has been a week for sign up, and I know people are eager to get started. So we are going to move forward and get this trade started.😁
It is a small group which should be a very manageable size for everyone.
There is a total of 6 participants.
PaintBoss
Queen Bee
KreativeK
Sanlynn
Ellen Easton
Charvet
Each participant will have to create and send 5 cards. Any medium.
Size is 2.5 X 3.5” up to 5x7”
Pls send cards by Dec.1st.
Postal delivery times can vary. Folks get very busy and are not as active on this site as holidays draw near.
Pls notify the sender when you have received their card so they can then post it on the thread for commenting (the creator of the card posts it). We want it to be a surprise for the recipient. So take a photo of your cards before sending, and a keep a list of who got which card.
If you cannot complete all 4 cards, it is acceptable to copy an original to send to recipients. Pls copy on quality paper, not regular, white paper used everyday.
Please private message me with your name and mailing address. I will make a list of all members participating, and private message everyone with those details. Of course this information should always be kept private.
Pls send me your address asap to confirm you are participating, and start creating those cards!
I look forward to seeing all your beautiful Christmas/holiday cards.
Have fun!🙂🎅🏻🤶

Last edited by a moderator:
Back