Bag Composition 6 (#7)

Artyczar

Again, like what I spoke about here, this would be the basic sixth composition I will be doing on the grocery bag pieces:

bagtestcomp7.jpg

Beautiful design! Will this be done with paint or mixed media? I can imagine how striking these will look when they are eventually displayed together. It seems they would work horizontally or even vertically like a totem.

I would probably display them all side by side.

These will all be mixed media, painted, stitching, and fabric.

No Zen. These are bags I cut open. They are wall hanging art. The reason I started making them was because of Covid. We were not allowed to use our own bags anymore (for about a year--the first year of the pandemic). Instead, we had to use the store's paper bags and we had so many to recycle that I began to think of ways to upcycle them and this was what I came up with.

No Zen. These are bags I cut open. They are wall hanging art. The reason I started making them was because of Covid. We were not allowed to use our own bags anymore (for about a year--the first year of the pandemic). Instead, we had to use the store's paper bags and we had so many to recycle that I began to think of ways to upcycle them and this was what I came up with.
Got it Ayin, thanks! I have never heard of such a thing but there is much I haven't heard of. Your designs are very cool, as usual. :) (y)

Nice, I got the impression you could actually use them as bags. I wasn't sure though. Inventive and fun idea! :)

I remember this series! But I didn't know it was a series, or at least I don't recall it being mentioned as a series.

But there was one you showed, maybe blue/purple, with maybe Yiddish on it...? A bag...? A little over a year ago, soon after I joined. I can't pull it clearly to mind, other than it was one of the first pieces of art that I saw of yours and I loved it. Never seen anything like that before, and it blew me away you'd crafted it from a plain store bag!

I don't think I'm mis-remembering, but hell...one never knows. :p

You're not misremembering. But that is/was not part of the series. That was all found stuff in Israel, including the bags. Had nothing to do with Covid, as it was done in 2105 for the Jerusalem Biennial.

"She Carries Me Home:"

shecarriesmehome.jpg

There it is!! ❤️ Oh I just love this piece. Okay, so it is from a bag and I got it partially right. I'll take that as a win!

And now, everyone else gets to see it too!

Fun, but "She Carries Me Home" is brilliant! Does the red represent the Wailing Wall? I wish I could read what is written. ❤️

Back