Art and Humor

Hey, before I post one of these I usually have to double-check and see if I have posted it before... let alone somebody else. :unsure: :oops:

Speaking of drawbridges. Demonstrators in Russia (Pussy Riot?) painted a giant penis on the bridge opposite the offices of the FSB (formerly KGB). You have no doubt guessed what happened when the bridge was raised. 😚

Like the scene in ET when the wardrobe is opened and Eliot and ET are first confronted by each other, a similar thing occurs when confronted by the shocked smiley. 😲 😄

Damn. I almost got to use the word frisson. A frisson of fear. Next time.

unnamed (1).jpg

GettyImages-611230540-e1475162802461.jpg

I happened to pass through Trafalgar Square while Shrigley's sculpture was enjoying its moment on the Fourth Plinth. To see it there, for the first time, surrounding by all the other grand historic architecture, was a moment to tell the Grandchildren about. It brought a tear to the eye. The chest expanded, filling with all that good London air. That thumb, that elongated digit, made one proud to call oneself British. 👍💪🤎

135638557_10164525465540084_7502220115132439038_n.jpg

This is definitely my family. I have some relatives who watch and listen to nothing but those media outlets that would make FOX News look like it was on the far-left. Several of them are all into the Qanon nonsense. My wife is spending the entire next week with one of these families. I'm going to have to pick up a couple of fifths of booze for when she comes home. :LOL: 😲

View attachment 8102

This is definitely my family. I have some relatives who watch and listen to nothing but those media outlets that would make FOX News look like it was on the far-left. Several of them are all into the Qanon nonsense. My wife is spending the entire next week with one of these families. I'm going to have to pick up a couple of fifths of booze for when she comes home. :LOL: 😲
Whatever works!

Back