Art and Humor

You know those eyes are saying, "This is not my idea."

famous-artwork-recreation-2.jpg

I love these! And that dog looks our old dog Buddy who passed a couple years ago. He always made me laugh like that too and didn't even need to go this far.

I can actually imagine giving a "Pop Quiz" on Pop Art after a unit on Pop Artists. Unfortunately, the kids only have Art once a week for 50 minutes. With all the testing and rallies, and assemblies, field trips, and holidays that comes to 3 classes a month... which isn't enough to really delve into much of anything. A couple of years back we taught the "specials" (Art, Music, PE, and Library) on a block schedule. This means the entire grade would be divided into 4 groups. One would be assigned to Art, the second to Music, etc... for 1 quarter... then the groups would rotate. I'd get the kids every day. I didn't need to spend the first 10 minutes going over the goals, etc... and passing out materials. The kids would come into the class, get their projects and supplies, and start to work. I could circulate the room talking to students individually or in small groups and only address the class as a whole when I saw an issue or concept that I felt all would benefit from. In a class like that we could do a unit on Pop Art or Abstract Art etc...

I can actually imagine giving a "Pop Quiz" on Pop Art after a unit on Pop Artists. Unfortunately, the kids only have Art once a week for 50 minutes. With all the testing and rallies, and assemblies, field trips, and holidays that comes to 3 classes a month... which isn't enough to really delve into much of anything. A couple of years back we taught the "specials" (Art, Music, PE, and Library) on a block schedule. This means the entire grade would be divided into 4 groups. One would be assigned to Art, the second to Music, etc... for 1 quarter... then the groups would rotate. I'd get the kids every day. I didn't need to spend the first 10 minutes going over the goals, etc... and passing out materials. The kids would come into the class, get their projects and supplies, and start to work. I could circulate the room talking to students individually or in small groups and only address the class as a whole when I saw an issue or concept that I felt all would benefit from. In a class like that we could do a unit on Pop Art or Abstract Art etc...

Art, music and PE all have this in common: without the students regularly practicing, there are limits to what any teacher can do for them.

I don't think it's already there, just in case, sorry, I missed it

when in doubt I had to put it

1614261518884.png

ARTIST:

1- back pain
2 bad eyesight
3 carpal tunnel

meme I had seen I didn't find it anyway in place of 1, 2 and 3, it said this ..

and the writing artist above ...
yes ;
it seems like a nice fee ..

Back