ANIMAL & WILDLIFE CHALLENGE - MARCH, 2023

Vivien - such lovely softness on your guinea pig! And thank you.
Christel - the mallard is great but that zebra is STUNNING!!
joe1lt - thank you. Love the snoozy dog on the bed. That duck looks wary. The guinea pig looks startled.
Anne - thank you. Wonderful trio of cows at rest.
Penny - thank you
CaliAnn - thank you
Joy - lovely job on the python! He has a bashful look :) And thank you.

32D45EB1-82DC-42A2-B090-21A0AF914F1B.jpeg

Here is my contribution for this month. It was done in pastel and colouring pencils. I was going to over my mistakes with white paint. I decided to leave it as I ran out of time.
Joy - your Guinea Pig is so cute and cuddly.
Christel - both your Zebra and duck are gorgeous.
Eye paint - another great selection of sketches .
Penny - great sketches as well.
Ams - lovely cattle.
Joy - your snake is lovely.

Lesley

Lesley, good work on the zebra. The way you did the stripes helps to create the form.

This python is in watercolor in my Canson XL sketchbook, 140 CP, 6 x 10. The limited palette colors were Naples Yellow, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber and Cobalt Blue.

View attachment 29376
A beautiful snake, Joy. I like it a lot. I like the shadow that grounds it, and the colours and misting effect. Very well done.

View attachment 29410
Here is my contribution for this month. It was done in pastel and colouring pencils. I was going to over my mistakes with white paint. I decided to leave it as I ran out of time.
Joy - your Guinea Pig is so cute and cuddly.
Christel - both your Zebra and duck are gorgeous.
Eye paint - another great selection of sketches .
Penny - great sketches as well.
Ams - lovely cattle.
Joy - your snake is lovely.

Lesley
I nice bold drawing, Lesley, and I like the soft expression in the eye.

I enjoy seeing the markings on snakes and like your painting a lot, Anne.

Reactions: ams
Lesley - lovely work on the zebra stripes
Anne - ooh great work on the snake. The marks almost look like yellow birds (budgies?) in fun-house mirrors lol.

Anne, lovely pattern and good idea with the background.
Thanks Joy. I felt it needed something but I didn't want to overdo. Large solid color washes don't work out well in the sketchbook I use so the red background in the reference wasn't really an option.

Anne - ooh great work on the snake. The marks almost look like yellow birds (budgies?) in fun-house mirrors lol.
They do look a little like birds, don't they. Maybe it's because that's what he had for lunch????;)

Anne - oh yuk! We don't have snakes in New Zealand, so I'll never think about them again after thinking of them eating Budgies! Couldnt help laughing though!

Back