ANIMAL & WILDLIFE CHALLENGE - MARCH, 2023

Monday 20th March in New Zealand today so here's mine. I had a try at the Guinea Pig in PanPastels. I wanted to show how I could do mark-making using the Pans sponges. Wasnt very successful, however here it is.
20230320_145503.jpg

Viv - What a lovely little Guinea Pig! I especially like his expression.
Cheers,
Patricia

What excellent work, Christel. A beautifully drawn zebra and great colours on the mallard.

Vivien, your guinea pig is adorable. He looks so soft and cuddly.

Christel, your zebra is amazing. It must have been quite a challenge to keep track of all the stripes. Love the duck. The oil pastels were a good choice for this guy.

EP, fun sketches as usual. My favorite is the swan ready to take off.

Joe, good sketches. My favorites are Benny, the duck and the cows but they are all good.

Here's mine.

Ink in XL Mix Media sketchbook, about 9"x12".

20230316Sk8 Time for a Rest (AWC-CS).png

Thanks for hosting this month Penny.

Vivien, your guinea pig is adorable. He looks so soft and cuddly.

Christel, your zebra is amazing. It must have been quite a challenge to keep track of all the stripes. Love the duck. The oil pastels were a good choice for this guy.

EP, fun sketches as usual. My favorite is the swan ready to take off.

Joe, good sketches. My favorites are Benny, the duck and the cows but they are all good.

Here's mine.

Ink in XL Mix Media sketchbook, about 9"x12".

View attachment 29374

Thanks for hosting this month Penny.
You are welcome Anne. I love your Alpine meadow scene with cows.

Reactions: ams
Viv: You achieved a really nice softness to the fur - I think it's excellent!
Christel: your zebra is stunning! Love the colors of the duck
EP: Always enjoy your sketches - they always capture my eye and hold my interest
Joe: Great drawings - I love the duck - he's got such a great expression
Anne: Beautiful drawing of the cows - they look so serene and relaxed!

Reactions: ams
Christel - Beautiful work on both and I see you are still using your Oil Pastels and what a wonderful job you make of them! And your stripes on the Zebra are superb!

Penny - Thanks. Sorry i didnt have more time to make a more proficient job on the Guinea Pig. I was trying to achieve a soft feel to his fur. Thanks for hosting Penny.

EP - Lovely artwork!

Joe - Oh great drawings! I particularly like your Guinea Pig and the way you handled the fur!

Ann - Excellent ink drawing of the cows in the landscape!

CaliAnn - Thank you.

Penny, thanks ever so much for hosting!
Vivien, that is very successful! Nice and soft looking fur with a great expression. Maybe some darks for more impact?
Christel, both are outstanding. I am partial to the duck, as the feathers appear iridescent.
EP, always enjoyable and unique!
Joe, Amazing that you did so much! Benny looks great, as does the duck and guinea pig.
Anne, just the right amount of detail, well done.

Joy - lovely work on the snake! I like the way youve faded the tail out as it gets to the end of the composition.

Back