Animal And Wildlife Challenge monthly hosting schedule

Let me know when you have your guidelines set and posted. I will then sticky it (and locked if you'd like) at the top of this forum. Just shoot me a PM! :)

It would be good to have the rules for the challenge stickied.

I think of it this way. Its a CHALLENGE to paint from the hosts photos, so other work can be posted elsewhere.
I agree. I think the Animal and Wildlife Challenge should continue to use photo references. I do not like prompts. If it changed I would just post my A&W art in my own thread.

Reactions: pcj
Thanks, Pat for taking this on and for coping with us all.

It would be good to have the rules for the challenge stickied.

I think of it this way. Its a CHALLENGE to paint from the hosts photos, so other work can be posted elsewhere.

I will make it clear as I can when I host next month’s challenge.

Thanks Penny :)

Let me know when you have your guidelines set and posted. I will then sticky it (and locked if you'd like) at the top of this forum. Just shoot me a PM! :)
Thanks Artyczar :)

I agree. I think the Animal and Wildlife Challenge should continue to use photo references. I do not like prompts. If it changed I would just post my A&W art in my own thread.

I don't want it to change either !! :)

The reason I posted here was to try to give a clearer description of
the rules of this challenge in order to avoid a repeat of the situation
that I described in my posts # 17 and 19. [someone posted an artwork
that was not from one of the photo refs and stated that he was not familiar
with the rules and also that he wasn't very interested in painting animals.
This led to misunderstandings and hurt feelings which
came close to spoiling the challenge]

This is a specific challenge to produce an artwork from the photo refs
provided on the 1st day of each month and to post the artwork on the 20th
day of the month.

Cheers
Patricia

Penny,

Would you do me a huge favour and write the description of the rules of the challenge please ?
I think you just gave a better description than I did !

Then Artyczar could have it stickied and locked in a separate thread.

Patricia

I do understand you wanting to make the rules the way you want it. When someone posted something that was not per the rules of the challenge, they didn't know. It was just a misunderstanding. Since then, it was stated that anyone who starts a challenge has a right to make their own rules, so it seems that is worked out now. I personally don't think anything is spoiled. These things happen and we can remedy them and move on.

It is a good idea to make the rules of your challenge clearer and make it a sticky, so I'm glad you thought of doing this. :)

Let me know when it's all worked out.

Penny,

Would you do me a huge favour and write the description of the rules of the challenge please ?
I think you just gave a better description than I did !

Then Artyczar could have it stickied and locked in a separate thread.

Patricia
Yes, I’ll do that now and post back,atricia.

“Hello, and welcome to our monthly ANIMAL & WILDLIFE CHALLENGE.

Please choose from the photos provided below. You may use all or part of the photo you choose to paint/draw as they are all free of attribution, and you may use any medium or mixture of media.

The CHALLENGE is to create your artwork but not to let use know what you’ve chosen, and TO WAIT TO POST ON THE 20Th of the month. It is exciting to ancipate your work, and we look forward to seeing what you create. Have fun!”

I think this covers it, Patricia.

Thank you very much Penny !:)

I'll post it in a new thread entitled 'Instructions For The Animal And Wildlife Monthly challenge'
then Artyczar can sticky and lock it.

That’s good, Patricia. When Impost the photos, I’ll ask people to take note of the guidelines.

Artyczar,

It's all worked out now.:)

Could you sticky and lock the new thread
"Instructions For The Animal And Wildlife Monthly Challenge' please.

Thanks
Patricia

Could someone tell me how to PM please, I've searched all over but can't find the link.

I'm not sure but is it the "Start Conversation" when you click on her Profile photo.

Back