Animal and wildlife challenge for January 2023

Sorry but I am been busy with guiding and doing a rush blanket so I halve not done much art. Here is my contribution for this month. It a mixed media of colour pencils, pastel and intense ink. I will come back later to day and make comments.

Lesley

248A9AF6-61D3-40D2-BBE7-B727907A5403.jpeg

Lesley, that is wonderful! Great expression and proportions.

EP: Your drawings, as always, are wonderful. I really love the expression you got on the kitten
Leslie: Your llama is awesome!

Thanks Vivien, Penny, Triduanna, CaliAnn and Joe1lt for your comments on my

Penny, nice work on your horse.

Joe, I like all of your drawings, especially the bear and racoon (first version).
Thank you, Anne.

Reactions: ams
Inquisitive and probably hungry coon is all too cute, Joy, an amazing ink and wash piece. You need to frame this guy.

Anne, yes, leave the llama as is since this is a strong and bold sketch. Very well done.

Penny, your horse is so gently looking in this image. So sorry to hear you lost Indy! Always hurts to lose one of the family.

Joe, your sketch collection is growing and so is your ability to do a lot of them so well.

I did a crop of the polar bear and flipped the image, 4.75x4.75 square watercolors on Fabriano 140 lb rough paper.

View attachment 27778
Beautiful, Kay. I enjoy your watercolours very much.

Thank you all for your comments!

Anne, I don't think it needs color, either. Some darker values in the area around the eyes and nose (where the hair is darker) may give it more impact.
Penny, That came out quite well. What I especially like is the variety of brown shades that blend so well.
Joe, Your drawing proportions, value and details continue to improve. The raccoon and llama came out really well.
Thanks a lot, Joy.

Sorry but I am been busy with guiding and doing a rush blanket so I halve not done much art. Here is my contribution for this month. It a mixed media of colour pencils, pastel and intense ink. I will come back later to day and make comments.

Lesley

View attachment 27807
He is very expressive. Love the look in his eye. Well done!

Joy - thank you
Kay - thank you
Rainowl - awww this is fun. What is a rush blanket? Knitting in a hurry?
CaliAnn - thank you
Penny - thank you and you're welcome :)
joe1lt - thank you

Great paintings from all of you!
Thanks for the lovely comments on my work.
Penny, the llama and horse are op's and the cat is pen with ac over it.

Christel, beautiful pastels. I especially love the kitten.
EP, another fun collection of sketches.

This is my version of the kitten. I started with a freehand drawing but was having problems because the kitten didn't seem to be looking up. I superimposed the sketch over the original image and realized the problem was with the placement of the eye. When I moved it up and over, the kitten started looking up.

Here's my original sketch:
Kitten Looking Up-Sketch.png

Here's the corrected version with ink and watercolor added:

20230122Sk7 Kitten Looking Up (AWC, Pixabay).png

EP, always refreshing to see your sketches!

Love the regal pose your kitten has, Anne. Well done and so fresh.

Reactions: ams
Back