Animal and wildlife challenge for January 2023

CaliAnn

Hello, everyone, and welcome to our monthly ANIMAL & WILDLIFE CHALLENGE.
Please choose from the photos provided on the first day of each month to create an artwork
in any medium.
You can use the photo’s to create any kind of artwork that you like .
Please use only the photo’s provided.
Please don’t post your artwork until the 20th day of the month [this is the ‘reveal’ day]
[it is exciting waiting to see ’ who did which photo and how they did it’ ]
Please don't tell us which photo you chose before the 20th !!
You can continue to post your artwork from the 20th until the end of the month.

On the 20th day of the month and continuing until the end of the month :
PLEASE POST :
- Your artwork.
- AND , if you wish, any WIP [works in progress] photo’s that you might have
taken while you were doing your artwork.
- AND, if you wish, any comments about it.

We hope you enjoy the challenge, we're looking forward to seeing you

Trout.png

Raccoon.jpg

PolarBear.jpg

Owl.jpg

Lama.jpg

Kitten.jpg

Horse.jpg

Flamingo.jpg

Elephant.png

Dragonfly.jpg

Beautiful photo's. Thank you very much for hosting, CaliAnn.
Cheers,
Patricia

I can't wait to see all the interpretations. I've been unwell, so I don't even know if I'll get around to posting anything. But I will be watching for sure!

i tried to draw something from some of the references, now i would like to try to color one or 2, days ago i had started again and re-chosen one for this.

CaliAnn, then I hope you're better now.

Joe: Unfortunately my health issues are long drawn out issues - I've been going through this for a couple of months now - and on top of it all, I now have dental issues that need to be dealt with too - sucks to be me right now! :ROFLMAO:

CaliAnn, I'm sorry, I hope you will solve everything as soon as possible, including the tooth problem, which yes, already this before the cure is a bad annoyance. A great wish for good things 🤞,👍

Hoping and praying you will soon be on the mend. I remember in the past that you had some health issues.

Beautiful Joy. I love it! Wonderful wood texture and good job on the fur.

Here's mine. I did the Llama. I was going to add color but now I'm not sure, I kind of like it the way it is.

I started with a freehand pencil sketch, added the ink with micron pens 005 and 01 and then erased the pencil. XL MixMedia sketchbook.

20230119Sk7 Llama (Animal Challenge, CS).png

Joy - Oh hes gorgeous!
Anne - Love your Pen & Ink! I dont think he needs color.
I have one of the refs sketched out, and that's unfortunately as far as Ive got, yet once again. It is Summer here in the Southern Hemisphere, and it has been so hot, - too hot for art, but maybe before the Challenge ends?

Reactions: ams
Joy - Lovely raccoon! I really like the touches of blue and it has a really endearing face.

Anne - very nice take on the llama. I really enjoy seeing your ink drawings.

I have nothing to add (yet?). I printed off one of the references but ran out of time - too busy!

Reactions: ams
Back