Animal and wildlife challenge for December

Joy, adorable penguin. I also like how you did the rocks. Good job.

Christel, I love your colorful Ibis. Very effective background tool.

Joe, nice work on your digitial drawings. My favorite is the first and third versions of the frog.

Wayne, very nice ibis. You loose style works very well on this feathered friend.

Joy, I agree that drawing in ink makes adding color easier since you don't have to paint in all the little details and textures but for me it just makes it more fun.

EP, wonderful drawings.

Here is the second stage of my frog. I started with a freehand pencil sketch, added the ink and then erased the pencil lines. I'll post again after I add some color.

This is about 5" square in XL Mix Media sketchbook.

20221222Sk7 Frog.png

thank you all for the nice words, Joy, thank you, you are right, it is important to use the supplies and practice to the fullest.
Anna EP, beautiful works.

Merry Christmas everyone, I made these two digital drawings when I want to draw faster, which I don't really want or don't feel like, instead of the pencil I use the pen, but maybe in the end I change my mind and draw for an hour or more, this is digital but looking for a pen, a brush that is somewhat reminiscent of a pen, even if here I can erase, and I erase
.on the one hand I think I should stay digital to learn to be more orderly Using layers like type Light table type, But it's difficult for me because I'm quite messy and and then I like to try again the various lines and repeats recopy anyway I can't be clean, elegant

2022-12-25 22-38.jpeg
2022-12-25 22-38 1.jpeg

Joe, your drawings are improving, and have a lot of life and appeal.
Happy Christmas and New Year to all!

CaliAnn,Laika,Joy ,Wayne,thanks for the nice words.
I read my comment, I wrote it wrong.
I was wrong to translate, I mean that I will use both digital and paper with sketchbook.

I meant that when I use digital maybe I should try to make more order, cleanliness, learning to use layins, levels, as an overhead projector to repeat lines, a kind of cleaning.
but at least most of the time I still prefer to use the eraser. or accumulate lines upon lines rather than levels. I don't think I would still be able to make cleaner, more complete drawings, but sometimes I try it, in the colored ones I tried these things.

Thanks for the good wishes, Happy Boxing Day. here is also a party on the 26th.
today I always tried to draw with the same color as these and in the same way, however, a person, an actor who died a few years ago who was one of my actors, favorite characters, a gentle giant, he was a swimming champion, then after sport he had character roles in cinema, often in spaghetti westerns, then as a couple they invented with him the wsterns that made you laugh, or ppolizieschi or adventure films with a strange couple with him who remembered the bear and the companion of the other films a very clever e beautiful fox .

images of the film with which they made this strange western for the first time and then the super funny couple who have been loved by many people for 40 years, indeed 50 years

Merry Christmas everyone, I made these two digital drawings when I want to draw faster, which I don't really want or don't feel like, instead of the pencil I use the pen, but maybe in the end I change my mind and draw for an hour or more, this is digital but looking for a pen, a brush that is somewhat reminiscent of a pen, even if here I can erase, and I erase
.on the one hand I think I should stay digital to learn to be more orderly Using layers like type Light table type, But it's difficult for me because I'm quite messy and and then I like to try again the various lines and repeats recopy anyway I can't be clean, elegant

View attachment 27134View attachment 27135
Excellent, sketches, Joe. I like the feathering, and the corgi’s expression.

CaliAnn - thank you
ams - yay thank you. Cute froggie!
joe1lt - oooh lovely marks on the bird head
Penny - thank you

Wonderful work everyone !
Sorry I haven't commented until now. My computer died
3 weeks ago during a power blip. Am now in the midst of setting up
my new computer .
Thank you very much for hosting, Lesley.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 😀
Cheers,
Patricia

Anne, that is the perfect amount and shade! Thanks for posting this.

Reactions: ams
Back