A Late Arrival

Donna T

This was an abstract that didn't work and became a floral that got tight and fussy and finally the figure emerged. The red patch was part of the first attempt and I decided to keep it and make a painting around it. It makes no sense but it's about as close to an abstract as I could get with this one! 7x10 acrylics and NeoColor II crayons on watercolor paper

IMG_3305pscs.jpg

Well done! ❤️ I have a few that went through transformation from one thing to something completely different. ;)

Really neat Donna! To me, it looks like someone walking on a foggy night ... many stories form in my mind when I view this - awesome!

Thanks Sno, Wayne, CaliAnn and Susan. From now on I won't fight it when these people show up in my work. Maybe they're trying to tell me something!

Oooh, I love it! Very mysterious. And the title is intriguing, too.
Hey, you could cross-post this one to the July challenge under the "Blue" prompt.
From now on I won't fight it when these people show up in my work.
And they will show up from time to time :) I'm glad you let this guy stay!

Last edited:
This is beautiful, Donna! I love that you let this figure emerge. Gorgeous palette, too.

This one went very well, and I love that you worked it and went through all these stages before reaching this. 👏 Yay!!

This was an abstract that didn't work and became a floral that got tight and fussy and finally the figure emerged. The red patch was part of the first attempt and I decided to keep it and make a painting around it. It makes no sense but it's about as close to an abstract as I could get with this one! 7x10 acrylics and NeoColor II crayons on watercolor paper

View attachment 23056
I love it when the picture I should be painting just won't go away until I listen. Love wreathing about this.

Lamar, Terri and JennieJo: thanks for the comments! I keep looking at artists painting abstracts on YouTube and so many of them have beautiful passages that they cover over without a thought (or so it seems.) I know that in order to get a sense of layering that things need to be covered sometimes but in my case I only cover up a big mess. 😄

Donna, what a powerful piece! I love the color and the ethereal feeling to this. It came out beautifully! ♥️

Back